• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Mind. Blown.

Aura that opens up many possibilities for Siddhartha and Francis too. Definitely want to tweak Francis, but have to strongly consider things with Sid. I have had the thought that if things were a bit different I might like playing him better.

Hrmmmmmm.... Thanks Aura! And Scott!

Question for the general public: what kind of level 2 or 3 character would you like to see around these parts? A merfolk bard named Simona Silverfin, a human ranger named Autumn Foxwind, or a human rogue raised by elves with fighter/ranger qualities named Vermier Berkshire?

Or so we like former slave Siddhartha, a hulking fighter who is awesome with a composite bow?

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
Hey All,

First post and I hope this is the place for my question. I stumbled across an adventure thread some weeks ago and read the whole thing in what spare time I could create. I've been trolling around the wiki since, thinking about jumping into E'n. I've reached a point where I think I'm ready to roll up a character but I'm still fuzzy on some of the fluff. I'm sure I'll learn a lot through roleplay but one question burns in my mind: how do elves work as PC's? Are they the alien sidhe who must adhere to their natures? Are the mortal elves more akin to classic D&D/Pathfinder elves? It seems to me that the fluff on that race has truly significant implications for how one would play a character of any class.

I have concepts for a wizard and a ranger. I would appreciate if someone could tell me a bit more about elves than the wiki presently contains in order to tip the scales of my decision. I would very much like to join whatever adventure comes up next.

Regards,

The Merry Mortician

GlassEye

Adventurer
Welcome, Merry Mortician! Glad to have you here and wanting to get involved. :)

In answer to your question about elves, they are both alien sidhe and mortal elves akin to classic D&D. Essentially, when the sidhe left the mortal world behind to reside in the Border Realms or the Outer World they left some of their kin behind. Those left behind are the mortal, classic elves of D&D. Those that live beyond the mortal realm do frequently come back to adventure for their own inscrutable reasons so both types of elves are available as PCs depending upon the concept you might have and want to play. Mechanically, they are identical.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Question for the general public: what kind of level 2 or 3 character would you like to see around these parts? A merfolk bard named Simona Silverfin, a human ranger named Autumn Foxwind, or a human rogue raised by elves with fighter/ranger qualities named Vermier Berkshire?

Or so we like former slave Siddhartha, a hulking fighter who is awesome with a composite bow?

I'm not particularly fond of the merfolk as PC in E'n. Ranger is ok. If you are thinking of a fighter/ranger you might consider the Slayer from the Advanced Class Guide. I would probably rework Siddhartha and see how that goes before tabling him for another character.

However, it sounds like the real problem is that you have way more ideas than you can play as characters. Pick the one you like the best and run with it.

MerryMortician

Explorer
Thank you, Scott!

A question posed to the community at large: how frequently are low-level stories run? I've been working on Aelspeth very slowly but I could speed up a bit and get her submitted for review if it's likely there will be an opportunity to play her anytime soon. I get the impression that the majority of activity around here is generated by a core group of dedicated members and that newbies come and go. That being said, it seems reasonable to expect extended campaigns for characters who've been around longer and rather staggered jumping off points for newcomers.

Aura

Explorer
Welcome to LPF, Merry.

Allow me to respond. It can sometimes be quite a while for a game to launch after submitting a character. However, there is a shake up going on where we are shuffling around characters, and a low level adventure is on the verge of launching (DM: Deuce Traveler). If your character were ready, it would be very plausible for you to be included.

I'm not sure what DT's character limit on the game is, but if your presence were to put us over, I can step out to make sure you have a game. I don't need to have both my characters in an active game to feel involved in LPF.

Short form: Now is the time. :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aura, I'd make that same offer. Qalabash wasn't really intended to join the upcoming adventure, particularly since he's nearly 3rd. I would gladly let Merry Mortician take that spot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads