General Discussion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I do to. When I originally read it, I was thinking "powers" in general terms, not specific terms as in "Bloodline Power".

Edited that off of Cythera's Sheet.

Caim

First Post
So from what I was reading LPF needs/wants a healer or two? I'm thinking of retiring Mortar and either a cleric, not 100% decided as of yet since I have other character concepts/builds in mind, but the thing is he wouldn't be 100% dedicated to healing. I was thinking dwarf for my race but that would diminish much of his/my healing capabilites. I am thinking of being from Irthos and worshipping Tessel and taking darkness/luck for my domains, he would be seeking knowledge of battle. But I want to gauge what the need is first because I feel heals during combat, except in an emergency, is just not worth it. So are the healing needs during or after combat?

Also I know what everyone is going to say...'Play what you want and have fun'. ;) In the end I will. Just want to hear what some may have to say.

Now for the reason I posted. If I retire Mortar and create someone in his place he is level 2 with the minimum xp required to obtain the level correct? Also I retired Naria but see was level 1 and recently found out that a character must be above 1st level before retirement was possible. Do I need to unretire her?

Thank you all for your time.

Qik

First Post
From my admittedly limited experience, healing in general has been needed more than healing in combat, specifically. Even if you're building a cleric who's not focusing on healing, I would imagine they would still be able to fulfill that function (likely more than) adequately, and, if healing is needed in a specific combat, they'd be able to suffice in a pinch.

Depending on what kind of build you're going for, and therefore how in demand your feats are, picking up Selective Channeling would likely be enough to make your cleric ready to heal in the midst of battle if absolutely needed. If you're doing a two-handed power-attacker, then Selective Channeling could be your 1st level feat, Power Attack at 3rd, then whatever you want, basically. Just a thought.

As for retiring characters, my understanding is you're right about how XP is treated (starting at level minimum). Don't know about not retiring at level 1; I assume if that's the rule, it was intended to keep people from mowing through 7 PCs in a short time span. I don't think we need to worry about that here, but it'd be helpful to get some input on that rule from one of the more experienced judges.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Now for the reason I posted. If I retire Mortar and create someone in his place he is level 2 with the minimum xp required to obtain the level correct? Also I retired Naria but see was level 1 and recently found out that a character must be above 1st level before retirement was possible. Do I need to unretire her?

This is correct - characters replacing retiring characters start at level minimum, with expected wealth by level according to Core Rules.

Characters can retire prior to achieving level 2, but there is no advantage for doing so as their replacement character would start with zero XP and 150 GP.

If a character dies (even before reaching level 2) they are replaced with the same experience and wealth they had at the point they died, up to and including encounter experience for the encounter in which they died and any TXP and TGP through the point they died.

TSS, if you're doing an Irthian cleric as well we might share some backstory. Breninyr (my cleric) will be higher level and will worship Quaren but has spent most of his life in the monastery. He's taken Bullied as one of his traits . . . maybe your cleric was one of the ones who were bullying him? Could be some interesting RP in their reconnecting and coming to an understanding. Or maybe they won't, and there'll be some continuing antagonism and competition between the two of them. If you've got something else in mind that's cool, just thought I'd offer.

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Characters can retire prior to achieving level 2, but there is no advantage for doing so as their replacement character would start with zero XP and 150 GP.

I'm fine with a new character starting at level 1 with 150 gp. It was so long before I looked over her again that I forgot what direction I was taking her.

TSS, if you're doing an Irthian cleric as well we might share some backstory. Breninyr (my cleric) will be higher level and will worship Quaren but has spent most of his life in the monastery. He's taken Bullied as one of his traits . . . maybe your cleric was one of the ones who were bullying him? Could be some interesting RP in their reconnecting and coming to an understanding. Or maybe they won't, and there'll be some continuing antagonism and competition between the two of them. If you've got something else in mind that's cool, just thought I'd offer.

Yea man sounds like a plan. Breninyr is 6 levels higher so maybe he could pummel an understanding out of him...lol. I'm all for some flavor. Just shoot me a PM or two when you get ready to flesh out the background and I'll work on my cleric.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I got a question for people, I need some second opinions.

A wizard just cast a web spell in a cavern chamber brightly lit with torches (open flame). The room is small enough that it entirety is covered within the radius of the spell. 15ft high ceiling at the apex, curved down at the sides. So sort of a dome shape.

The webbing is flammable. Would the torches then ignite the webs and engulf the entire room in flames?

Or is there a progression of burning? 5 or 10 ft per round?

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I don't know if this has been asked before or not. But how would the judges rule on the matter of allowing players with their own private housing or apartments to create a thread either in this forum or in a private user group designed for it or something that allows the users to role play out actions that occur within the confines of their homes. This would allow the characters to role play such activities as entertaining guests, that they wouldn't normally get the opportunity to role play in the Dunn Wright Inn, and it would also add a new dynamic to the role that the ability to purchase one's own dwelling place within Venza and the surrounding area's has on the game.

It's just a thought I had, and was wondering what the Judges thought on the matter.

Remove ads