• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

jkason

First Post
I don't know that I have a lot to say on this, other than I'm a fan of enjoying one's hobbies. If the unexpected road he'd taken was something you were finding entertaining, then I'd say enjoy the ride, but it sounds like you're not. If you aren't enjoying Veniarus, I say retire him and try your hand at someone else.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
It's a bit difficult. There are certain things I do enjoy about the character. However there are other things that I am not so thrilled with.

For example, I heavily enjoy some of the role playing interactions that have begun occurring between Perinmiller's characters and him, but at the same time, I feel kind of locked into a particular style of role playing with him that just isn't really the style I had originally envisioned for him. All that said, I have always had a hard time settling on a decision in the first place so coming to the final decision of whether to retire a character, especially one that is currently involved in role play with other characters is a tad bit on the difficult side for me. I am just not really sure what to do here.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Given that Cythera just departed the DWI, that only leaves Ariel left. Since she is really just there to interact with Veniarus for you (not for me ;) ), don't let her presence influence your decision.

She will hang around for a bit, in case anyone else from Dagger's at Midnight shows up to role-play.

Qik

First Post
I was wondering if an alchemist could take Ability Focus for their bombs, and if so, if it would apply to all the various types of bombs (say, tanglefoot and stink bombs), or if one would have to specify the type of bomb to which it applies?

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Assuming you are referring to the same as the Monster Feat Ability Focus, I would assume, as you pick them up separately, that the feat would apply to a specific type of bomb. I assume this due to the following 'Special' quality to the feat.

"A creature can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time the creature takes the feat, it applies to a different special attack"

Grant I could be wrong (happens a lot lately :) ) but that's how I'd think it'd work.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Was just over at the wiki and noticed some work done there by GlassEye. I wanted to say great job with the detailed map and the little write up on Farmer Jezz.

I hope to find time to help out with a little world building myself.

HM

Systole

First Post
I was wondering if an alchemist could take Ability Focus for their bombs, and if so, if it would apply to all the various types of bombs (say, tanglefoot and stink bombs), or if one would have to specify the type of bomb to which it applies?

paizo.com - Rules Questions: Can a PC take ability focus from the bestiary?

RAW, it's allowed, which suggests that it's allowed in LPF. However, PFS specifically disallows it. I'm not sure why.

In the entry for Discoveries, it says: "Discoveries that modify bombs that are marked with an asterisk (*) do not stack. Only one such discovery can be applied to an individual bomb."

The important thing to me is that the wording says modify, not replace. It's still a bomb, just a modified one, so the feat still applies. In my reading of it.

Qik

First Post
Well, we'd approved some of the monster feats for use, so it's definitely allowed.

My quandary centered around your point, Systole, in that the wording seems to suggest that Ability Focus (Bombs) is valid, and would apply to all manifestations of bombs. Wouldn't mind getting a better idea of others' thoughts, of course; always nice to get a sense of the consensus.

Remove ads