• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy: Issue #6

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika grimaces somewhat as Charles explains what little he knows, concentrating less on his words and more on the cloud of smoke he's creating. "What makes this guy think he can smoke in the school? He's as bad as his 'princess'," she thinks.

Her eyes follow the butt as it hits the ground, but she shakes her head resolvedly, focusing on the situation. "Well, thanks anyway Charles, but I guess we're back at Square One, then. If you guys don't have any brilliant ideas, we'll just have to wait for SARAH to report back with the info," she says, crossing her arms.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Anika grimaces somewhat as Charles explains what little he knows, concentrating less on his words and more on the cloud of smoke he's creating. "What makes this guy think he can smoke in the school? He's as bad as his 'princess'," she thinks.

Her eyes follow the butt as it hits the ground, but she shakes her head resolvedly, focusing on the situation. "Well, thanks anyway Charles, but I guess we're back at Square One, then. If you guys don't have any brilliant ideas, we'll just have to wait for SARAH to report back with the info," she says, crossing her arms.
Charles cracks a wry smile, "Sure, oh and one more thing, my sources in INTERPOL operating out of Hong Kong found some nice bits of info it did not come cheap though. But after a little persuasion I was able to get a little nugget of info. It looks like VSC has been in contact with the Brass Orchid, but more recently..." he paused for a moment his enhanced eyes moving from teen to teen, "they worked pretty closely with Water Margin prior to Mark's assassination. Not saying their connected, but it may be worth looking into."

Aenion

First Post
While looking around the shop, not really intend on buying anything, Karen is distracted by the newsfeed and hearing that Bishop was arrested, she can't help but feel a little shocked, I hope they weren't to hard on him, there are worse people around than him. "He got what he deserved, I guess," she says, not sounding nearly as enthusiastic as she wanted it to sound.

When Aris and Jun Min start bickering, she's suddenly very busy again. Still trying to deny the fact that she's actually completely in the middle of this.

Hammerhead

Explorer
"I don't read comics Jimmy, and I'm not making this up." He thinks I read comic books? What am I, some kind of nerd?

"Right. The UN just seems to want us to sit here while Overseer completes his plans and we handle private scores. Without information to act upon, we really can't do anything about this guy. But Jimmy, it would be useful if you stayed around here, 'cause something's going to happen and we might need another good fighter at our sides." I hate these stupid codenames too. Why the heck can't we just go by normal names. I mean, Mark does't even have a codename, does he?

"Oh, uh, Charles." This guy is the best money someone else ever spent. I wonder how good he is in a fight? He's pretty cool. "I'm pretty sure I'm telling the truth, unless there's a vast conspiracy to embarass us. Can you get the location of any of these safehouses? We got his photo up pretty quick, and he might not have had time to leave via airplane. Are there any nearby?"

"So you think Water Margin and VSC may be working together? Perhaps hired by the same employer? I can really only think of one organization that would want Mark dead." Overseer and his lackeys, Ryan finishes mentally, clenching his fists unconsciously.

"What do you all know about Vanguard Secure Computing?" Ryan asks hesitantly, unsure of what exactly the import of Charles's statement was.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"I don't read comics Jimmy, and I'm not making this up." He thinks I read comic books? What am I, some kind of nerd?

"Right. The UN just seems to want us to sit here while Overseer completes his plans and we handle private scores. Without information to act upon, we really can't do anything about this guy. But Jimmy, it would be useful if you stayed around here, 'cause something's going to happen and we might need another good fighter at our sides." I hate these stupid codenames too. Why the heck can't we just go by normal names. I mean, Mark does't even have a codename, does he?

Jimmy nods, "Sounds good enough for me, just keep me in the loop, so I can accurately portray my actions for the movie deal that is sure to come out of this."

Hammerhead said:
"Oh, uh, Charles." This guy is the best money someone else ever spent. I wonder how good he is in a fight? He's pretty cool. "I'm pretty sure I'm telling the truth, unless there's a vast conspiracy to embarass us. Can you get the location of any of these safehouses? We got his photo up pretty quick, and he might not have had time to leave via airplane. Are there any nearby?"

"Sure, I can get you a list of places, like I said I can't narrow it down for you, without getting more info and I was a little pressed for time," Charles replies.

Hammerhead said:
"So you think Water Margin and VSC may be working together? Perhaps hired by the same employer? I can really only think of one organization that would want Mark dead." Overseer and his lackeys, Ryan finishes mentally, clenching his fists unconsciously.

"What do you all know about Vanguard Secure Computing?" Ryan asks hesitantly, unsure of what exactly the import of Charles's statement was.

“What do I know about VSC? I worked for them in some operations in Hot Spots round the world. Well not directly, but I do my homework on who would most benefit, who works for whom, and all that. Repeat business is big in my profession. VSC although mainly a computing a firm, owns several subsidiaries around the world; they have their hands in weapons development, pharmaceuticals, and more recently Genetic Research. Just to name a few interests. They keep their hands clean by working through third parties, but INTERPOL keeps a close eye on them, as do a few National Agencies around the world,” Charles finishes.

“Its business as usual, they want to make the money and they are willing to do what it takes to make that money. Without endangering their good name of course,” Charles replies folding his arms across his chest.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
While looking around the shop, not really intend on buying anything, Karen is distracted by the newsfeed and hearing that Bishop was arrested, she can't help but feel a little shocked, I hope they weren't to hard on him, there are worse people around than him. "He got what he deserved, I guess," she says, not sounding nearly as enthusiastic as she wanted it to sound.

When Aris and Jun Min start bickering, she's suddenly very busy again. Still trying to deny the fact that she's actually completely in the middle of this.
Kal smiles, moving beside Karen placing his hands on her lips and whispers in her ear, "Don't worry about Aris, we have some history. Her family tried to destroy Earth, I promised to marry her to avert the disaster, heroes saved the day, she decided to join up with us, and I guess she thinks I am still going to marry her or something. Its really a long story," he kisses Karen on the cheek, "You don't seem to comfortable here, lets blow this joint and go have some fun?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
She lets out a piteous whimper when Aris begins to argue with Jun Min, "Please don't fight guys, come on, we are having a good time shopping, lets not ruin that." she begs, wanting to make one of the first times in her life that she is surrounded by people who might actually be her friends, last as long as she could get it to.

Aris grits her teeth, "Sure Kelly, I apologize for that, it was uncalled for."

Jun Min nods, "Thank you Aris, I did not mean to be so harsh, but I didn't like your tone. Now if you want to talk like an adult," she forces a smile, "then lets talk."

Aris shrugs, "I am fine," and works her way over towards Kelly, "I like these fashions," she says with a roll of her eyes, "human styles are very provocative."

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
"Sure, I can get you a list of places, like I said I can't narrow it down for you, without getting more info and I was a little pressed for time," Charles replies.

Mostly successfully suppressing another barrage of laughter at Ryan's comic book scenario, Mark thinks the matter over, "Ok, why don't you try to get the safehouse locations and we can see about checking them out. I've got SARAH building a file on my computer that might have something worth looking at too about my favorite person, but she...it... won't be done for a few hours." Mark pauses and looks at Ryan. He really is serious about this.

"So, uh Ryan? How did you find out about this Overseer guy?" Mark fails to keep another smile down as he asks but does manage to keep from chuckling.

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly looks back and forth between Aris and Jun Min, wondering if they are going to start arguing again. She gives a small, cautious smile at Aris's observation, "Its nice to feel sexy, and to know that everyone is paying attention to you, it makes me feel special," the 15 year old explains, her smile widening. The popstar plops herself down next to Jun Min, "I'm sorry if my drinking is making you feel bad, you are just looking out for us I guess, so I'll stop if it'll make you more comfortable?" she offers, sounding geninely concerned for Jun Min's feelings.

Agamon

Adventurer
"What are we going to do with a list of safehouses? Without any other info to help pinpoint his location, we won't find him. If we go to one and he's not there, he'll certainly be notified that we're looking for him, and then we'll never find him...at least, not until he tries to find us again," Anika says.

"I don't know anything about this computer company, or why they'd want to kill you, Mark, but if we're going to still try and find Honor ourselves, maybe we'd better start with VSC."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads