Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Tokiwong

First Post
Wizard Teaser Comic Part 1

Mudaba Adin Institute Briefing Room

August 16th, 2014 at approximately 0930 local time…

“Well it sure has been an entertaining thirty days gentleman. First we lose a whole team of young elites, then Bishop escapes,” the UNJE Director throws a pointed glance to Paragon who regards him coolly, “the President of the Congo Protectorate is killed, and we lose an entire Elite Detention Facility. Does that about sum up the string of bad luck?”

Paragon clears his throat, “You forgot about the formation of Justice Elite: Charlie, the renaming of the second team to Bravo, construction of Ciudad de Manana in memory of Mexico City, and the utter collapse of the Pantheon organization.”

“Oh well that makes everything better,” the Director sighs, “Dr. Hudabo how does the No Return project proceed? I had heard that you had synthesized a working viable serum?”

Dr. McTaggert raises a brow at the question and is about to speak, but a look from Dr. Hudabo silences her. She settles back shifting papers, but a thousand questions were forming in her head.

Dr. Hudabo smiles, “It proceeds on schedule, and all the students at all Institute facilities have been treated. The registration has been slower, but our new facilities worldwide, have reported good numbers for the past month, we estimate about 34% of the known elite population has received treatment since we started the program three weeks ago.”

“Excellent, any side effects?”

Dr. Hudabo adjusts his glasses, “Minor, and non-life threatening.”

Dr. Hudabo’s Office

Forty-five minutes later…

“So are you going to tell me why you said we had a working viable serum, when we are easily years away from making any working serum that isn’t downright lethal? I mean the genetic makeup of any two elites makes a universal serum nearly impossible to quantify,” Dr. McTaggert says as she storms into Dr. Hudabo’s office.

Dr. Hudabo smiles, “I lied. I tend to do that with stupid people, it makes them feel better.”

“This is a little larger then a mere white lie,” she replies back, her accent growing strong.

“Indeed, in fact I don’t see us creating a serum any time soon, Hazel. As you precisely pointed out, the genetic map of each elite is in and of itself unique. But that is precisely why I need the program we have in place. You see, we don’t need to sterilize elites, about 95% of the populace is already sterile by the mere fact of genetic and physical incompatibilities. Now could a successful couple breed? Perhaps if they were compatible, but that number is fairly low even amongst that 5%, bringing the child to term would not always be successful, and there is no way of knowing if such a child would be born with or without the Legacy virus. We need more information, and this program allows me to catalogue and identify the strains of the virus, and the genetic map of individual elites,” Dr. Hudabo replies.

“Then you mean… the whole program is one giant cover for a database of elite genomes? But what kind of purpose…” she trails off trying to make sense of everything.

“Because if we could isolate the individual genome, understand the how and why, we could inevitably build an elite from the ground up with the right capabilities for any given task. Let’s face it Hazel, we are the future, why send a man into space when I can send five elites perfectly adapted to a vacuum, with immense intellect, strength, and other talents we deem viable. How long have we been at this, ten years now? We knew from the beginning that we were wading into uncharted waters,” he says with a look detached intellect.

“So you want to control the genome? So why the farce about the sterilization, why the lies about the threat?”

“I need our resources pointed in a direction that will allow my research to remain viable. Besides the UNJE needs to believe there is hope in saving baseline and elite alike. In the end I need them kept busy, gathering data for the project. Information is the key to any victory or success. I apologize for not letting you in on this sooner, but I want you to join the project. I need you onboard there is more I want you to see. The UNJE does not want to see elites as the dominant species of the planet, if they keep the numbers low they can control a valuable and somewhat expendable resource. But what they don’t realize is that evolution even forced is inevitable,” he finishes, “all you can do is decide what side of the fence you want to be on.”

“I am in, but no more secrets, I need to know everything,” Hazel replies without even missing a beat.

Monterey, CA

August 16th, 2014 at about 1330 local time…

“So what do you think, do you think I am crazy?” Kanaka says aloud as he leans against the railing of the balcony.

Mr. McCallister shrugs his cane in his hand as he pauses to think, “I think you have an incredible story there, even by our standards.”

“Sure, but you have to admit that is often large amount of weird stuff in a short amount of time,” Kanaka shrugs, “and now it is like everything is going back to normal. It just, it seems weird Bryant.”

“I know, I am more worried about Legacy, I wonder if quitting was the right decision, I still think they needed more training, but I couldn’t,” he pauses.

Kanaka nods, “Yeah, if half of what you tell me is true, then we have much to atone for. I just have to think that we are fighting for the right reasons, I have to believe that. Even if Josiah is a total jerk, I have to believe there is something more then money and power that drives him.”

“And if there isn’t?” Bryant responds.

“Then I need to start writing a resume, but I wouldn’t be the only one. I guess I just feel like he is keeping things from me, from all of us,” the energy charged elite says with a sigh.

“You should be used to that, dating Order and all,” Bryant replies in a serious tone.

“I am not sure if we are dating, but,” he smiles, “I wouldn’t deny it in her presence.”

“Well, Kanaka I hope you can take what information I have given you, and make the best of it. Just by coming here you put your professional credibility on the line. I am a spy after all, hiding behind the Iron Curtain of America isolationism,” Bryant replies taking a seat.

“Anytime man, you know I don’t believe everything I hear, especially if it comes from our glorious leader. Oh, and Jun Min says hi,” he winks, “I have to go, told Order I would meet her for dinner in Neo-Tokyo; have to run!” his body flares with power and he is off like a shining light!

Bryant sighs, “God speed friend.”

Tokiwong

First Post
Teaser Comic Part 2

Mudaba Adin Institute, Jun Min’s Office
August 16th, 2014, at about 1640 local time…

“I am the last one Jun Min, was it intentional to speak to me last?” Star says aloud sitting across from Jun Min.

Jun Min shrugs, “It is a little awkward, Star, I am sorry.”

“Only because you do not understand simple concepts that I have grasped,” Star replies with her unblinking stare.

“Meaning?”

“That each day I mourn for the loss of my friends. That I wait patiently till they return, unlike the rest of the world; I do not believe them to be dead. Mark wouldn’t leave me like this, not without telling me,” Star jokes.

“Of course,” Jun Min smiles, “you really are a remarkable creation.”

“I am just a girl,” Star smirks.

“But you seem to grasp human emotion quite well,” Jun Min counters.

“No; love, hate, and sadness are just all words. They are words created to describe a feeling, a notion. I have the capacity to feel these notions, and embrace them. I don’t find that makes me special, just normal,” Star replies.

“If you say so.”

“I know so,” Star stands, smoothing out her uniform.

Tokiwong

First Post
Openeing Splash Page of Issue #9

Earth: Majestic in Olympic City...

*KABOOM!*

A blast sends the teens of Legacy and Teen Justice to the ground, only Thor remains standing. Ares leers down from his position standing atop a shattered globe. He grins resting his arms across his chest, “How sweet, a family reunion, this makes this even more delicious then I had originally planned. You see I lured you out here, to lure Teen Justice out here and in one fell swoop kill you all ironically with a mortal designed weapon of mass destruction,” he gestures to a purple skinned brute, standing in a crater, carrying what looks like some kind of motorcyle-sized cylindrical device over his shoulder, with a counter.

“You see I enlisted the aid of these soldiers to deliver a blow and perhaps start a little conflict which would make me perfectly happy. A deadly nerve gas that will eradicate every normal human being in this city,” he laughs maniacally.

“With the current terrorist climate, I am sure a war will break out somewhere around the globe!” Ares cackles.

“But first we are going to kill these kids, because War is no child’s game, oh and I am going to crush you Thor once and for all,” Ares glows with power, “this is going to be my greatest hour!”

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"You are soo not getting away with that. Any of it" The popstar says smirking floating up from the ground. "We're gonna stop you!" Kelly exclaims her body starting to glow and crackle with electricity. As she continues to float upward, the popstar reaches out with the wind. She puts all of her control with the winds at her call into pulling the canister from the grip of the purple brute, in an effort to fly the canister into space, no air, no way for the gas to do any damage.

Flight, Telekinesis PS of Air control, so +8 to the strength check, if she succeeds the check, she'll use her heroic surge action to move it 40ft directly up. If she fails the first check, use heroic surge to make another attempt, HP if under 10 on the 2nd check.

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Wow, that's great," Ryan mutters sarcastically as he pulls himself up from the ground. Great, we just can't seem to get a break. Assassination attempts, nightclub bombings, mob negotiations, murder investigations, nightclub brawls, prison breaks, terrorists, dimensional travel...and now a crazy psycho with some kind of nerve gas. All this in four days? So much for a nice, Overseer-free vacation courtesy of Eternal Travel Agency.

"Did you realize that another Elite team has shown up in San Francisco? 'Cause I mean really, if you're a god, you should have seen that coming. You should also realize that this nerve gas isn't going to hurt any of us...we're all too fast or tough for it to affect us. All it's gonna do is kill a bunch of innocent people." This guy's dumber than Yoshi!

"Besides, it's gonna take way less than an hour for us to beat you down," Ryan says confidently, allowing his protective energy field to cover himself. "Anyway, who's the purple guy? Jupiter? Ra? Baal?"

Tokiwong

First Post
First try is a 21, the Behemoth rolls a 34, the second try is a 24, the Behemoth rolls a 24, but a VP is spent and he gets a 29.

The purple brute grips the cylinder tightly. Kelly tries but his vice like grip is much too strong for her! The brute growls, “Boss, the glowing one is right… we were paid to take out Teen Justice…”

A man leaps to the top of a rubble pile from behind the gathered group of teens on the ground, “They are kids, Behemoth, bring them down.” He is a handsome wiry male in a red and yellow suit with sashes tied around his arms billowing in the wind. His body expels some type of vapor around him as he focuses on Kelly…

“Now that was not nice little girl, to take someone else’s things… but I like your style. So kill your friends, do it for me…” the man says in a soothingly suggestive voice to Kelly…

Mind Control check is 27, Kelly rolls an 8 on her Will Save. She fails; I assume she does not want to use the HP because only a 20 will save her. He rolls a 17 to get her to complete the action she is highly opposed to…

Initiative: Velocity Girl 30, Yoshi 26, Jimmy 24, Chimera 23, Mark 22, Manticore 22, Cassie 21, Ares 17, Thor 17, Danger Girl 17, Kiyana 17, Miracle Girl 15, Cantrip 13, Karen 12, Gadget 11, Ryan 10, Kelly 9, Kid Paragon 8, James 5, Undine 5, Behemoth 4, Anika 3. Let me know if any of you want to use an HP.

Ares mulls over Ryan’s words, “Hmmph… you will not stand in my way, I don’t need the nerve gas to kill you; I can do that myself!”

Cassie sits up slowly, her joints creaking as she takes in the situation and explodes into action. Leaping forward, she snaps off a powerful double handed blow at the man Kelly is wrestling the bomb from (or trying to) and lets her momentum carry her on by.

(Move by attack with Power Blow (+5/-5))

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly nods happily at the man who had suggested she kill her friends, he really did seem like a friendly person, and he was certainly talking sense. She frowns at Cassie and summons the strongest lightning bolt she can from Thor's storm to strike at the other girl. Smirking, the popstar raises her shield of air.

OOC: Sorry Kain, Lightning with Area, Dazzle, Scramble Electronics, and Stun. 40 foot radius. It should catch the big ugly and the bomb as well because of Cassies using move by attack. Kelly may not want to hurt the mind control guy, but catching Mr. Purple and ugly in the blast sounds good to her, especially since it would scramble the bomb's circuits. If thats not ok, you should just control Kelly from now on.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
A man leaps to the top of a rubble pile from behind the gathered group of teens on the ground, “They are kids, Behemoth, bring them down.” He is a handsome wiry male in a red and yellow suit with sashes tied around his arms billowing in the wind. His body expels some type of vapor around him as he focuses on Kelly…
That one looks like the brains. Mark ran over his options and decided he wanted the brains gone, but couldn't afford to take people away from the bomb. That left it to him.

“Now that was not nice little girl, to take someone else’s things… but I like your style. So kill your friends, do it for me…” the man says in a soothingly suggestive voice to Kelly…
Oh great. "Don't listen to him!" Mark insists. He rushes at the guy in red and yellow. "And forget about Ares, get that bomb."

OOC: Move-by attack.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
I will start doing combat tomorrow evening giving people time to let me know if they want their Initiative rerolled... Kelly is fine with her action... Mind Control is rough on players... but that is how it goes.

Remove ads