Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Okay, now that Batchild and Legolas are gone," Ryan says, looking over his shoulder at the pair from Teen Justice. "Okay, now keep in mind that this all comes from Chaos, so take anything I say with like a pound of salt, okay?"

"Well, first of all he told me a little bit about Overseer's history, after he called me a murderer and taunted me for a little bit. Overseer is...well, was an Eternal similar to Chaos, Chrono, or...Sarah, now I guess. He tried to take over everything, and got a lot of his power stripped away from him...some guy from here called Captain Cosmic received it, I don't know how or why. Anyway, I think Captain Cosmic is now dead, and now I have it. Which also, apparently, doesn't make me an Elite," Ryan adds with a sigh. "I'll get to the Elites in a second though. Anyway, Cardinal, you know, the infamous Pantheon terrorist lady, is also like me and Captain Cosmic; she has some power given to her by Chrono, but that power is useless to the Overseer."

"The Overseer wants to find me and suck out my powers, blah blah blah. Chaos wants me to try and kill the bastard, even though I'll probably die in the attempt. Any questions before I continue," Ryan asks in a bemused tone.

Agamon

Adventurer
Hammerhead said:
"Okay, now that Batchild and Legolas are gone," Ryan says, looking over his shoulder at the pair from Teen Justice. "Okay, now keep in mind that this all comes from Chaos, so take anything I say with like a pound of salt, okay?"

"Well, first of all he told me a little bit about Overseer's history, after he called me a murderer and taunted me for a little bit. Overseer is...well, was an Eternal similar to Chaos, Chrono, or...Sarah, now I guess. He tried to take over everything, and got a lot of his power stripped away from him...some guy from here called Captain Cosmic received it, I don't know how or why. Anyway, I think Captain Cosmic is now dead, and now I have it. Which also, apparently, doesn't make me an Elite," Ryan adds with a sigh. "I'll get to the Elites in a second though. Anyway, Cardinal, you know, the infamous Pantheon terrorist lady, is also like me and Captain Cosmic; she has some power given to her by Chrono, but that power is useless to the Overseer."

"So that's why they call Cardinal your 'sister'. Huh. So you're like a demi-eternal or something?" Anika thinks a moment, taking it all in. "Well, it doesn't sound too far fetched. It kinda pieces together the other stuff we know."

Hammerhead said:
"The Overseer wants to find me and suck out my powers, blah blah blah. Chaos wants me to try and kill the bastard, even though I'll probably die in the attempt. Any questions before I continue," Ryan asks in a bemused tone.

Anika's brow furrows. "Yeah, I kinda got that. He doesn't have too much faith in us, does he? Did he tell you what to do? What will stop Overseer from just taking your power when we face him? Is that what would kill you?"

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
Anika's brow furrows. "Yeah, I kinda got that. He doesn't have too much faith in us, does he? Did he tell you what to do? What will stop Overseer from just taking your power when we face him? Is that what would kill you?"
"We're just going to have to find some way to stop the Overseer without anybody dying," Mark resolves.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Except for Overseer, of course," Ryan adds. "And if I die, no big deal to Chaos and his chums, then someone else gets the power. The problem is if Overseer gets ahold of me and sucks the power out or whatever."

"Okay, the next part is kind of hard to believe, but in the interest of total honesty I'm telling you guys," Ryan says seriously, looking his two best friends squarely in the eyes as he says so. "According to Chaos, Elites are the creation of everyone's favorite psycho Pantheon terrorist, Cardinal. Oh, and Cassie is temporally displaced, which means she's like from another time, which is also somehow related to me."

Agamon

Adventurer
Hammerhead said:
"Except for Overseer, of course," Ryan adds. "And if I die, no big deal to Chaos and his chums, then someone else gets the power. The problem is if Overseer gets ahold of me and sucks the power out or whatever."

"Okay, the next part is kind of hard to believe, but in the interest of total honesty I'm telling you guys," Ryan says seriously, looking his two best friends squarely in the eyes as he says so. "According to Chaos, Elites are the creation of everyone's favorite psycho Pantheon terrorist, Cardinal. Oh, and Cassie is temporally displaced, which means she's like from another time, which is also somehow related to me."

Anika squints in disbelief at this. "What? Cardinal made elites? What does that mean? She supplied the comet? That doesn't make any sense. Sounds like something Chaos would say just to mess with your head. Excpet that it makes zero sense." Pausing, she adds, "Cassie from another time, though, that actually makes more sense if you think about it. Huh."

Anika shakes her head in wonder. "Any more Chaos-inspired revelations?"

Samnell

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
"Well it matters to us if you die."

Mark simply blinked at the revelations. "You mean Cassie's from the future or something?"

Agamon

Adventurer
Samnell said:
"Well it matters to us if you die."

"Well, duh..." Anika says, rolling her eyes. Her brow knits at a thought. "This is all pretty big stuff, Ryan, but did we really need to send the other guys away? If they're going to be helping us, we should probably be establishing some trust, right?"

Shalimar

First Post
Agamon said:
"Well, duh..." Anika says, rolling her eyes. Her brow knits at a thought. "This is all pretty big stuff, Ryan, but did we really need to send the other guys away? If they're going to be helping us, we should probably be establishing some trust, right?"
OOC: Uh guys, read the Tokiwong Sabbatical thread :(

Remove ads