Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Te actual cells were more like energized fields of energy worked into walls. The teens can see in but it is obvious Ryan can’t see out. Detective Smith looks to Anika, “Is someone else in there with him?”

"Yes, his name is Chaos, he's a little, annoying...well, he's really powerful, I guess," Anika says to the detective. "You see, this just goes to show that Ryan isn't supposed to be in there, seeing as how he's attracting the attention of beings that can get into your cells without you knowing."

Hammerhead said:
"Whatever kid," Ryan answers with a shrug. He's mildly surprised to see his friends standing there, along with Cantrip and Nightchild, when the energy field drops. Ryan smiles, waves, and greets them with an uncertain "Hi."

"Hi?" Anika says increduously. "What exactly do you think you're doing, Ryan? The detective here told us you turned yourself in, and after he was going to let you go, you insisted on being arrested? Did you get some sort of scoop that Overseer is hiding out in Alcatraz?" Despite the sarcasm, she looks more confused than upset.

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
At the Park

“Sure,” Danger Girl replies looking over a stall of reggae paraphernalia with a critical eye as she browses, “so what is it exactly that you do on your world?”

Kal puts Karen down, and takes hr by the hand and browses t-shirts, “Just relax Karen, there is nothing to worry about. We are perfectly safe here.”

A shadow begins to creep over the park…
"Well, uh, thats 'in transition' as my mom would say." Kelly says grinning. "Before I got my powers, I was already kinda famous because of my parents and how rich we are and the Mitchell foundation. Well, I always liked singing and music, so thats what I decided to do. I've even won awards for it. I really only sing pop music, so I guess that makes me like Britney Spears. Nightchild liked my singing, I think he did at any rate. So I used to tour and make albums, do concerts, all the normal stuff like that."

"Then this terrorist should up and took over my mind, and thats when my powers showed up. We went on kind of a crime spree, so long story short, we got stopped and I got sent to the institute to learn about my powers now that I wasn't being controlled. I got invited to be on Legacy, but I wasn't really free of Neuro, so he forced me to quit the team to get me away from people that could help me. After that I went to my boyfriends house and we almost were killed by assassins, and the house blew up so everyone really did think we were dead. uhh, hmm, this really isn't the short version , is it. Well right now everyone thinks I'm dead, so my music career might be pretty much kablooey, and because I quit Legacy, even when i was being mind-controlled, I'm off the team. So I have no clue what I'm doing anymore. I should be able to get back on the team, I mean, I was being mind controlled, I obviously didn't really want to quit. That should count for something, I hope."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Agamon said:
"Hi?" Anika says increduously. "What exactly do you think you're doing, Ryan? The detective here told us you turned yourself in, and after he was going to let you go, you insisted on being arrested? Did you get some sort of scoop that Overseer is hiding out in Alcatraz?" Despite the sarcasm, she looks more confused than upset.

"Hey, Detective, any chance you could lower this screen?" Ryan asks, hoping he wouldn't have to reveal his plan to escape from the jail if circumstances warranted.

"Just to be fair, the cop's deal was completely illegal and immoral. Besides, I didn't want to run from my problems." Unlike some people, Ryan adds to himself. "I wanted vindication. Besides, Chaos was able to fill me in on some information. And it's not my fault this place sucks and has some whacked out double standard."

Agamon

Adventurer
"But who are you trying to justify what you did to?" Anika asks, still perplexed. "The city full of people who's lives you helped to save? Your teammates, who pretty much agree you did what you had to do? The police, who agree with us and were willing to let you go? Or Karen and Nightchild? Are their opinions worth this kind of self-sacrifice? No offense," she adds looking Nightchild's way. Looking back at Ryan, she adds, "But even he thinks this is a bad idea."

She sighs, shaking her head. "So what did Chaos tell you?"

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
At the Park

“Sure,” Danger Girl replies looking over a stall of reggae paraphernalia with a critical eye as she browses, “so what is it exactly that you do on your world?”

Kal puts Karen down, and takes hr by the hand and browses t-shirts, “Just relax Karen, there is nothing to worry about. We are perfectly safe here.”

A shadow begins to creep over the park…

"I know," Karen says, squeezing his hand, "I'm just not v-very comfortable being around so many people. I th-think it's going to rain..."

Cassie looks up at the shadow. "Strange I thought the weather was supposed to be fine for the day, at least that was what the television said this morning.."

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
"But who are you trying to justify what you did to?" Anika asks, still perplexed. "The city full of people who's lives you helped to save? Your teammates, who pretty much agree you did what you had to do? The police, who agree with us and were willing to let you go? Or Karen and Nightchild? Are their opinions worth this kind of self-sacrifice? No offense," she adds looking Nightchild's way. Looking back at Ryan, she adds, "But even he thinks this is a bad idea."
Mark shifts uncomfortably, "Yeah. What are you trying to prove with all of this? That some cop made a bad deal?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Yeah, well how was I supposed to know that this was some kind of police state or whatever. If I wasn't an Elite..." Ryan trails off. "But oh well, what's done is done. Chaos told me a lot of stuff, some of it pretty important. But most of it should only be discussed with me, you, and Mark."

I was trying to prove it to YOU! Ryan's mental voice screams inside of him. How thick can you get?

Samnell

Explorer
Hammerhead said:
"Yeah, well how was I supposed to know that this was some kind of police state or whatever. If I wasn't an Elite..." Ryan trails off. "But oh well, what's done is done. Chaos told me a lot of stuff, some of it pretty important. But most of it should only be discussed with me, you, and Mark."
Mark nods. "Can we arrange something?" he asks no one in particular while looking at Anika.

OOC: Good thing Ryan's not trying to prove something to Mark. He's way thicker than Anika. :)

Agamon

Adventurer
Hammerhead said:

"First of all, none of this 'what's done is done' crap," Anika says. "When we leave, you'll be leaving with us," she adds with a momentary defiant glance towards the detective. "And second, why is it a big secret? I can't see why Cantrip and Nightchild can't hear what he had to say. And the detective here needs to understand exactly how big of a deal this is."

Remove ads