Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Nightchild leads the young teen heroes to the Police Department where Ryan is currently being held at, and it is abuzz with activity as they enter. The cops give the youths some strange looks, but go about their business as they recognize Nightchild and Cantrip. They approach a plain clothes officer who looks very much like Charles, Kelly’s ex-bodyguard from their own world.

Indeed the name on the desk reads, Detective Charles Smith. He looks up as Nightchild approaches, “Evening kid, what can I do for you?”

Nightchild speaks, “We came to talk about the hero you have locked up in your containment cell.”

Detective Smith replies, “Not much to talk to about, he turned himself in, says he is from another world… and bunch of other crazy stuff. But being a cape, I have come to expect that kind of crazy stuff,” he turns to Mark and Anika, “Who are you two?”

Anika notes Detective Smith's appearance and wonders for a moment if someone on this world looks like her. Shaking her head she focuses on the task at hand.

"I'm Anika Samuelsson, he's Mark McNamara. We're teammates of Ryan's. We are from another world, as crazy as that sounds. Can we talk to him?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"It's not so much a matter of the stakes at it is the odds. But since when do you care about the slavery of trillions? And just what have you prepared? Because I know why YOU want him dead; he threatens your power. So don't act like some kind of saint; you wouldn't sacrifice YOUR life to do it."

"Exactly right, I wouldn't sacrifice my life, but I have that luxury. You don't, and one way or the other he will find you, short of killing you and sending the power inside you deep into the reaches of the cosmos... I believe this to be the humane solution," Chaos shrugs with a smug grin.

Hammerhead said:
Ryan laughs. "Yeah, your right. James is the most normal of us, but that doesn't say much. As far as learning anything, I'm not a very good student."

"I know, you are anything but brilliant, but you don't grasp the severity of the situation but then again I feel it is best you hear it from her," the child-like Eternal quips.

red said:
"I can trust you about as far as I can throw...nah, I could probably get a pretty good distance if I hurl you like a discus. I think I can trust you to look out for yourself. And if you're such a ladies man, how come everyone you've ever met pretty much hates your guts? Anika included. "

"Hurl me? Now that is funny, you have been working at that whole witty thing," Chaos laughs, "Oh no, Anika hates my guts, that takes actual effort? How is her crisis of faith going, is she coming to grips that her powers have nothing to do with her petty gods, and everything to do with her genetics? I wonder how that is going over in her blonde head of hers."

Upstairs in the Precinct Office

“Not really that crazy, just saying it is never a normal day around here,” Detective Smith replies, “and you want to talk to him? Sure, I got nothing against that, he seemed like a good kid. I tried to cut him some slack, but he demanded that he face his just dues. Kid has balls, I will say that.”

He starts walking as two officers follow, “Just follow me, but the visit will have to be supervised, just for our own peace of mind.”

Back at the Park

Yoshi grins, “Hey I am not that insecure, I just wanted to make sure you thought about me, just seemed like you were obsessed with Ryan, and I was a little worried. I am good now babe. You just keep me on my toes I guess.”

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
"Exactly right, I wouldn't sacrifice my life, but I have that luxury. You don't, and one way or the other he will find you, short of killing you and sending the power inside you deep into the reaches of the cosmos... I believe this to be the humane solution," Chaos shrugs with a smug grin.

"Yeah, you're a real humanitarian," Ryan says, rolling his eyes. "I doubt it. More likely it's the solution that most benefits you. Anyway, you still haven't told me about how I can take down Overseer, when I'm so crappy and he's so damn awesome," Ryan adds in bitter sarcasm. "If you're such a badass, why don't you do it?"

Tokiwong said:
"Hurl me? Now that is funny, you have been working at that whole witty thing," Chaos laughs, "Oh no, Anika hates my guts, that takes actual effort? How is her crisis of faith going, is she coming to grips that her powers have nothing to do with her petty gods, and everything to do with her genetics? I wonder how that is going over in her blonde head of hers."

"I don't know, but I imagine she's handling it quite well, and I also imagine she wouldn't like being made fun of behind her back by some punk who's too cowardly to face his enemies like a man. And while her elite powers may be genetic, her faith is still her strongest weapon," Ryan replies, growing angry again and feeling obligated to defend her, partly at least to make up for the words he spoke earlier.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Yeah, you're a real humanitarian," Ryan says, rolling his eyes. "I doubt it. More likely it's the solution that most benefits you. Anyway, you still haven't told me about how I can take down Overseer, when I'm so crappy and he's so damn awesome," Ryan adds in bitter sarcasm. "If you're such a badass, why don't you do it?"

"Just so human of you, I never said I was a badass, besides there are rules and what I can and cannot do, and Overseer is technically not an Eternal therefore I cannot act openly against him. The Cosmic Host frowns upon direct intervention; though a little nudge is fine... actual combat is out of the question. The power within you is the key, not trying to coax that power out... is a whole different story... and frankly, only Captain Cosmos would know the particulars... but somehow you have to tap that power... even for a moment. Or my personal favorite you just unleash all your power in one soul crushing swoop... very spectacular... very final," Chaos quips.

Hammerhead said:
"I don't know, but I imagine she's handling it quite well, and I also imagine she wouldn't like being made fun of behind her back by some punk who's too cowardly to face his enemies like a man. And while her elite powers may be genetic, her faith is still her strongest weapon," Ryan replies, growing angry again and feeling obligated to defend her, partly at least to make up for the words he spoke earlier.

Chaos stands and walks towards Ryan in silence, before the child-like Eternal stops in front of him, "Oh please being chivalrous after the fact does not erase the fact your harsh words drove her into someone else's arms. But this isn't about her, this is about you Ryan. You have a destiny; and that destiny will come to pass and you will face Overseer. Success is not assured, and this may not even be your final battle... it may only be the beginning. But you are destined to face Overseer... it is in your blood... get angry. Maybe that helps you, but know that I am not your enemy, at least for now."

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
“Not really that crazy, just saying it is never a normal day around here,” Detective Smith replies, “and you want to talk to him? Sure, I got nothing against that, he seemed like a good kid. I tried to cut him some slack, but he demanded that he face his just dues. Kid has balls, I will say that.”

He starts walking as two officers follow, “Just follow me, but the visit will have to be supervised, just for our own peace of mind.”

"His just dues?" Anika says, rolling her eyes. "What would that be, a medal? He didn't mean to kill the guy, just incapacitate him before he set off some enormous bomb that would have devastated the city. Besides," she adds, "he's somehow a key component to ending a threat to the destruction of both your and my worlds. Having him rot in one of your jails while waiting for a trial to begin is probably not the best idea."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
"Just so human of you, I never said I was a badass, besides there are rules and what I can and cannot do, and Overseer is technically not an Eternal therefore I cannot act openly against him. The Cosmic Host frowns upon direct intervention; though a little nudge is fine... actual combat is out of the question. The power within you is the key, not trying to coax that power out... is a whole different story... and frankly, only Captain Cosmos would know the particulars... but somehow you have to tap that power... even for a moment. Or my personal favorite you just unleash all your power in one soul crushing swoop... very spectacular... very final," Chaos quips.

"Soul crushing for whom? Me, or him? Any ideas how to get the powers out of me, or what? Do I need golden kryptonite?" If I have the power inside of me, maybe I could try and use it to become like an Eternal, whatever that means. But then again, Sarah says she did, and all it did was make her grumpy.

Tokiwong said:
Chaos stands and walks towards Ryan in silence, before the child-like Eternal stops in front of him, "Oh please being chivalrous after the fact does not erase the fact your harsh words drove her into someone else's arms. But this isn't about her, this is about you Ryan. You have a destiny; and that destiny will come to pass and you will face Overseer. Success is not assured, and this may not even be your final battle... it may only be the beginning. But you are destined to face Overseer... it is in your blood... get angry. Maybe that helps you, but know that I am not your enemy, at least for now."

"Gee, that's heartening. Maybe you should become a motivational speaker. And I hope he doesn't come right now, 'cause I really can't use my powers. I wish we had this stuff back home. And it's not like I asked for any of this to happen to me," Ryan whines. "I'm only eighteen years old, all this responsibility should not be given to me."

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Aya shrugs, “Works for me, just relax; Aris hates to be catered to when she is angry, and hates female competition. Especially with Kal all over Karen and I guess her missed opportunity with Ryan…”

The redhead puts on some shades and turns her head to the sound of music, reggae music filtering throughout the park. Aya grins, “Ja man time for some dancing!” she tries in a mocking Rastafarian accent.
"If shes angry and wants to be left a one, why did she come to the park with us?" Kelly asks curiously, glancing at the provacatively dressed alien princess. When the music drifts over into her hearing, Kelly smiles, she didn't really like Reggae, but it was music, and music had a way of making people feel better, she hadn't made her career on it just to make other people happy, the popstar had done it for herself as well.

"Yea, dancing sounds good, after the picnic can we go to a club? They really are the best places for dancing, and they always have the newest tracks. Some of them you can even sing at, well, if your famous, or if you flirt with DJ a little. Back in 2004 Pop got really big and I was wondering how my songs stack up against the really big ones from now. Even if I do want to go home, I am curious as far as how my songs rate against the big three, Britney, Christina, and Madona. They were all like ancient history in 10 years from now."

Samnell

Explorer
Deeply uncomfortable around all of these police, Mark lets Anika and Nightchild do the talking and tries not to think about the last time he was around so many officers.

Tokiwong said:
Back at the Park

Yoshi grins, “Hey I am not that insecure, I just wanted to make sure you thought about me, just seemed like you were obsessed with Ryan, and I was a little worried. I am good now babe. You just keep me on my toes I guess.”
"Good, because I try not to obsess, he just looks like he needs someone to talk to. You look like someone who needs to kiss an flirt." Cassie says. "Not to mention you showed me how to dance..that's fun."

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
"His just dues?" Anika says, rolling her eyes. "What would that be, a medal? He didn't mean to kill the guy, just incapacitate him before he set off some enormous bomb that would have devastated the city. Besides," she adds, "he's somehow a key component to ending a threat to the destruction of both your and my worlds. Having him rot in one of your jails while waiting for a trial to begin is probably not the best idea."

Detective Smith speaks, “Look I am on your side, I tried to cut him a break but he demanded this. It is out of my hands,” he finishes as the teens come to stand before the containment cells. There are three, one is empty, the middle one has Ryan in it, and the one to the left has Behemoth inside looking quizzically towards Ryan’s chamber as he seems to have an animated conversation with himself.

Anika though can see the blue image of Chaos standing inside the cell speaking with Ryan; it is ghostly and faint but visible only to her. It does not seem like Ryan can see the teens as he speaks.

See Invisibility at work.

Inside the Containment Cell

Ryan cannot see outside the cell, just the vague image of Behemoth next door.

“No you can’t become an Eternal,” Chaos grins, “not that you wouldn’t be interesting to have around, just does not work that way. If you were chosen to be an Eternal then you would have to give everything up that you have known. You would be merely an observer and sometimes interact but never direct, you would lose everything you love.”

A second Chaos speaks from behind Ryan, “Oh please no one ever asks for anything these days. Sometimes you are just chosen, and there is nothing you can do but what must be done. Maybe that is too much for you, but that is just the way it is. You think limitless cosmic power comes without strings?”

The first Chaos speaks, “You are scared. You should be, but you have friends, and your friends can and will help you. You won’t go this alone. Take solace in that.”

In the Park

“Well I am not sure about a club, most won’t let us in, we are too young, but I have been to some great parties,” Danger Girl replies, “besides this is free, lets just have fun here for now, no cool club would be popping at this time of day… maybe later tonight we can talk.”

Yoshi twirls Cassie and starts to dance with her in the crowd, “You are right… let’s just dance. Shake what you got babe, because it is damn nice!”

Remove ads