Gestalt Paladin/Sorc Build Help

Benign transposition is a great movement spell. I'm also having tremendous fun right now playing a a melee duskblade/wizard (non-gestalt) using true strike + blade of blood + two-handed reach weapon + power attack (takes two rounds to set up, but is immensely fun). The reach weapon gives the added benefit of keeping you back from the front line to aid in spell casting.

There are a number of swift action spells in Spell Compendium and PHB 2 that make a melee/arcane caster quite viable.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
Thunderfoot said:
Should be Fighter/Sorc - I can't believe any DM would let you dual class a Paly and if so...bad DM, no soup for you.
hehe, I am with you on this one as well, heck I don't allow the gestalt option.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Thunderfoot said:
Should be Fighter/Sorc - I can't believe any DM would let you dual class a Paly and if so...bad DM, no soup for you.

So no gestalt Paladins? The classic logic doesn't seem to prohibit gestalt paladins, since you're never leaving the class, and it's certainly less fun to just prohibit paladins in a gestalt system.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
barovan said:
0 - Ray of Frost
1- Magic Missile, Ray of Enfebblement
2- Scorching Ray, Seeking Ray
3 - Ray of Python
4 - Enervation
5 - Shield

I am looking to fill out the defensive/utility spells.

We use less strict rules for meta magic feats and sorcorers as the guy in our group who is willing to play arcance casters in really only interested in Sorcorers. Plus we have only played on full 1 -20 level campaign. And I am runnig it so I have not had lots of PC creation practice.
Okay, so Quicken spell will be useful for you?

What's shield doing at level 5?

1 - Silent Image is very flexible.
2 - Benign Transposition (as previously mentioned); Mirror Image; Glitter Dust. Actually, I'd drop either Scorching Ray or Seeking Ray.
3 - Fireball or Lightning Bolt -- you need some area damage. Dragonskin (Spell Comp.).
4 - Dimension Door.

Cheers, -- N

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
If you meant 'multiclass', well, in the two main campaign setting books (not the splatbooks for them, just the main books themselves) there are clear and direct ways for PCs to multiclass Paladin and various things. In Eberron, it's slightly more explicit than it is in the Forgotten Realms book (i.e., it's a feat.)

Then there is Complete Adventurer, a pretty 'close-to-core' book by many groups' standards. In it are feats to not only enable multiclassing for Paladin PCs, but also to make it suck slightly less in particular cases (e.g., Ranger/Paladin.)

Then there is the fairly common DM's house rule of allowing any multiclassing for Paladins and/or Monks.

If you meant gestalt, then others have covered that one already.

Dual-classing though. . . yeah well.

Remove ads