• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Get your digital map grid size with just a few clicks.

Thomas Shey

Legend
This looks interesting to me, but I'm not sure how one is supposed to be using the vertices selection to give you a useful answer here.

Oofta

Legend
This looks interesting to me, but I'm not sure how one is supposed to be using the vertices selection to give you a useful answer here.
It took me some trial and error, I think I have it working correctly.

First, load your map

Next, click on a corner of a square
Dim 1.png

Next, click on the opposite corner of the same square
Dim 2.png

This will give you the dimensions of the entire map.

Unfortunately, the only way I've found to reset is to reset the page, and I pretty much guarantee there are options I haven't figured out. Anyone else?

kevincox

Villager
Hi, I'm the author. I hope that commenting on old posts is acceptable (I didn't find any rules against it) and I hoped I could share some more info.

I think you got the gist of it. Just click the intersections of grid squares and it should work out the grid. If the map already has a drawn grid it is super easy but otherwise you can click on corners of walls or similar and it should figure out the correct grid within a couple of clicks. There isn't currently a way to reset other than reloading the page.

There is an FAQ that provides more information on how it works including a video walkthough. I realize that the FAQ link was hard to see as it was dark on black but I have fixed that now.

I hope you find it useful and let me know if you have any other questions! (Or if I should start a new thread 🙈)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads