• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle Pointers

Hutchimus Prime

Adventurer
I'll be running the last of the four Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle adventures this weekend (spoilers on). I was wondering if anyone who has run it has come up with a way of foreshadowing the workaround to Isteval sacrificing himself at the end? I know the adventure itself suggests something, but I'm worried my PCs won't pick up on it and I'd like to give them every chance to.

Mirtek

Hero
I'll be running the last of the four Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle adventures this weekend (spoilers on). I was wondering if anyone who has run it has come up with a way of foreshadowing the workaround to Isteval sacrificing himself at the end? I know the adventure itself suggests something, but I'm worried my PCs won't pick up on it and I'd like to give them every chance to.
I wouldn't give them too many hints. Figuring it out should be an accomplishment and at the end of the day the occasional defeats makes the victories all the sweeter.

Remove ads