[GI] A Game of Improvising (closed)

Timothy

First Post
ivanhoe said:
im definetely in, can i be a dover? o and what is exactly monte cooks ranger, they get bonus feats or something instead of spells i think but im not exactly sure. also, me and my friends have played that rangers can get point blank and precise shot instead of ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting, id like to know if thats ok too.

Monte's ranger: download here

Just use this ranger or the original one, it doesn't matter.
Where can I find the stats for a dover?

GWolf

First Post
Grey Solho
Fighter Level 5/Lasher Level 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: 14
DEX: 18
CON: 10
INT: 14
WIS: 10
CHA: 10

HP: 48
Initiative: +8
AC: 20 (flatfooted 16, touch 14)
BAB: +6/1
Speed: 30'

Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +8
Will: +1

Melee Attack Bonus: +7
Ranged Attack Bonus: +8

Weapons:
Whip +1 (+2 Mighty/Shock) +16/+11 15'/S 1d2+5 +1d6 electric damage 20/x2

Skills:
Balance +6
Climb +8
Craft (Leatherworking) +10
Escape Artist +6
Use Rope +13

Feats:
Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Expertise
Improved Disarm
Improved Initiative
Improved Trip
Weapon Focus (Whip)
Weapon Specialization (Whip)

Special Abilities:
Close combat, Whip lash, Whip sneak attack +1d6,Wound

Languages: Common, Dwarven, and Elven

Armor:
Elven Chain AC +5 Max Dex +4 Ac Check –2
Buckler +1 AC ac check -1

Equipment:
Whip +1 (+2 Mighty/Shock) [8600gp]
Elven Chain [4150gp]
3 torches [9cp]
Signet Ring (Whip Design) [5gp]
Mirror (Small Steel) [10gp]
Buckler [15gp]
100gp in pouch (Yes I know he should have something like 200, but he has 100)

Grey was born the son of an accomplished soldier of the Waespland Army. His father Riven Solho was a Colonel in the army, a master of the bastard sword. He mother Tria was nurse/priestess at a local temple. They lived in a big house in the capital of Waespland, Waspe.

Ever since Grey was a child his father taught him the art of weapons armor, and battle. They trained together; Grey became a very fit and handsome young man. As a child he attended the very best schools and shown to be an able pupil. He had a handful of friends and was well liked by most people.

Around the time he was 20, Grey met the girl of his dreams, a beautiful young lady named Crystal. She also like Grey very much and was well liked by his family. He was also well liked by her family as well.

It was the same year that Grey (21) joined the Waespland Army. He was sent off to train with the other new recruits a little bit outside of Waspe. He was a very good combatant, among the best in the whole academy. It was in 2nd year of training he found the perfect weapon for him, the whip. He could do wonders with it. Even though the military instructors thought it was a waste of a weapon to master, even they saw Grey had amazing skill with it, and applauded his many sparring victories.

It was also in this year that he met a new recruit. This new Recruit would become his lifelong rival and source of pain. It was Tren Stonur, a son of a rich and powerful noble. Their personalities clashed violently. Worst part for Grey was that whenever they fought, Tren almost always one, and most of the time by some cowardly tactic…

Well one day in his third and final year of training, Grey defeated Tren in front of the whole academy. This left Tren humiliated, and he instantly sought revenge. He used his father’s position of power to accomplish this bloody and violently.

Meanwhile Grey’s father was sent off to the desert to command an exploration of the hostile deserts in the southeast. He platoon was broken up and he hasn’t been heard from.

Tren had The Solho branded as Heretics and Conspirators against the Crown. Tren was able to forge many fake documents showing of there minor, but still illegal acts against the royal family.

The soldiers came and burned Grey’s house down, they hung his mother and raped and killed his younger sister Annabelle. The house stood blacken and burned, a warning to any who would oppose the crown (or the Stonur family in that case…).

Grey was tied up and was to be executed in from of the whole city in the royal courtyard. As he was dragged through the streets people hit him with sticks, vegetables, cursing and laughing at him the whole way. His girlfriend who he once loved even smacks him while she cries to herself forever loving such an evil man.

But as they turn a corner Grey is hit with a stone…this stone though cuts the ropes on the cart that his is bound to. He frees himself quickly and quietly. In a flash he uses the rope as a whip against those who imprisoned him. “The slave can turn the whip on the master…remember that!” He shouts to the half-conscious guards on the floor.

Grey runs through the crowd and out of the city very quickly. He heads north to a snowy village between a mountain range. Once there Grey comes in contact with a very friendly Elven weapon smith and Wizard. He tells him his story, and agrees to help the Elf with a few minor tasks, and in Return the Elf equips him with a custom whip, and Elven chain mail.

Grey thanks the wizard and travels slightly father north to the capital of these snowy lands. He signs up as a guard, hoping to let time clear his name. He is recovering from the horror of the past when he receives the news that In the south a girl named Crystal (his girlfriend) was publicly executed as an attempt to draw a heretic back to the lands to be properly taken care of.

Grey breaks down after reading this news and quits his job as a guard uncertain of what to do and what is safe. He has also been hearing rumors that Tren Stonur has become a powerful general in the army and has a lot of influence on the king.

Grey decides it may be wise to find his father…Riven Solho who disappeared in the desert two years ago…If Grey knew his father the old man was in no way dead. With a strong feeling of hate and pain he sets off, hoping to do many things thought of as impossible.

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Count me in, if you don't expect daily posts (I can post near-daily, but not quite)... I like the whole heavy role-playing, intro your own plot hooks aspect.

It's pretty hard for me to pick a "favorite character"... Three favorite archetypes:

- The assassin with a conscience (doesn't fit into D&D well, in my experience)
- The paladin in black (usually as a hunter of the undead, statted as Sor/Rgr, although I've never seen any set of classes that fits the idea accurately.)
- The devoted warrior-monk (especially with a double-bladed quarterstaff -- how open are you to homebrew material?)

No idea which one I'd take in practice, and for an RP-focused game I may go with something different (gnomes are fun!)... Will post a character sheet once I've heard more on the frequency-of-expected-posts issue.

Timothy

First Post
I was sort of hoping for daily posts, but it's no biggie, as long as you post a default action you take in Combat.

And I like the assasin with a conscience!

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
sure, I'll alow druids to use half spears.

Also about the aristocrat class, I made a draft version, but my friends din't think it was very balancing, If somebody wants to play it, I'll have another go, otherwise it'll be come a 'project to do'.

Last edited:

wings

First Post
Wellup.

WHat space do you have for a sailor-type character? I've been dying to play something sea-bound, as i have a deep love for the sea myself. He doesn't have to be on a boat for the campaign of course, but he will sit back and sigh in rememberance of the good ol' days, probably while idly smoking a pipe. I've also been enraptured by staff-fighting. So, how does a Staff-weilding Sailor sound? Good? good. I'll have my character in reals soon.

ALSO, i hate the dread pirate class, so don't expect me to take it. I'll most likely be a bard, though, maybe laced with a fighter level or two. More of a subdued type of bard tho', not extravagant, just a herald of the majesty of the high seas.

Do you have Dragon issues 301 and 294, i'd probably like to use many of the swashbuckling feats in 301 and the windsinger class from 294.

-wings

Timothy

First Post
I own both dragons, so go ahead and use them (but do state the page and so on) and your charcter is welcome!

We now have:

Gwolf
Wippit Guud
Golden Eagle
Ivanhoe
Guilt puppy
Sixchan
Wings

That should do it. I'll start the IC introduction as soon as I have 3 charcters posted.

Last edited:

wings

First Post
stupid wings.

I seemed to have um, well, misplaced my swashbucklin' issue. All i wanted out of it was the parrying feats, basically. Could you throw up quick descriptions of them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Remove ads