• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giants in the Earth style thread - nominations for subjects

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
The monsters from China Mieville's Bas-Lag world! ...uh, nevermind. :\

I would like to see Leiber's Fafhrd and Gray Mouser, preferably at 5th, 10th, and 20th levels. Also, Felimid mac Fal (name the author and win a cookie).

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Mycanid said:
I said it in the other thread, I'll say it here: I'd like to see someone "enstatificate" the folks in the Tad Williams' "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" characters. :)

I second this. Also, characters from the movie Willow esp. Madmartigan. Also The Bridgeburners from the Malazan series. Number Ten Ox from A Bridge of Birds. Pug from Midkemia, Haplo from Death Gate Cycle and above all Druss the Legend aka Deathwalker aka Silver Slayer. Oh and Skilgannon the Damned.

Glyfair

Explorer
Celebrim said:
Since not everyone knows every myth well, pick 4 our so and start them up.
And that's the rub. I know I am uninterested in participating in discussions about those I have no clue about (and probably will only read occasionally).

I intend to let this stew a bit, see who gets multiple nominations (and fill out with those I think would generate good discussions) and start a quick poll. See which options get a lot of interest.

00Machado

First Post
The Memory, Sorrow and Thorn characters would be cool, as would Fitz, Chade and the other Farseer characters.

I'd like to see Conan, and Solomon Kane (generic d20 versions, not tied to their rule sets)

The Characters from Harry Potter

From more historical and mythological tales:
Rasputin
Robin Hood's band and the Arthurian heroes, as someone mentioned above
Hercules and the beasts he fought
A mythological/historical sea serpent

Quartz

Hero
Ed_Laprade said:
Corson brenn Torisk and Nyctassia from the Silverglass series. Anyone remember them?

And I'd really like to see Elizabeth Moon stat out Paksenarrion!

That's easy: she starts out as a first level paladin and reaches 5th level.

I'd also like to see Hawk & Fisher from Blue Moon Rising and Beyond the Blue Moon.

Glyfair

Explorer
00Machado said:
I'd like to see Conan, and Solomon Kane (generic d20 versions, not tied to their rule sets)
Conan has been well covered. In fact there was (is) a website that covered every level of his based on the stories in chronological order.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads