D&D 5E Girls, Guts and Glory. A new snack sized D&D web series.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I mean its fully scripted. The rules are fairly accurate they just changed the names of stuff, maybe they where worried about copyright or just for flavor? Energy force was just thunderwave I believe. Ill look up the lady and guy who made EP but I found them originally by searching experience points on youtube and foundit fairly quick.

Thanks, found the Experience Points video series: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw_p5LH1gpDKs-UcwqYSiKA

Wulffolk

Explorer
This is so bad that it is ridiculous. It seems more like an attempt to mock the hobby than to produce something that promotes it. I think the only reason that anybody watches this at all is because it has slightly attractive girls, so it does not surprise me that their looks were one of the first things commented on. If this were your average group of gamer dudes trying this nobody would bother with it.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
This is so bad that it is ridiculous. It seems more like an attempt to mock the hobby than to produce something that promotes it. I think the only reason that anybody watches this at all is because it has slightly attractive girls, so it does not surprise me that their looks were one of the first things commented on. If this were your average group of gamer dudes trying this nobody would bother with it.

It is how people *would* have mocked the hobby back in the 80s and 90s, but times have changed so much that this can be sincere. At most, it is laughing with, not at, the hobby.

If you look at some videos, like "Black People Play D&D For the First Time," they are obviously trying to hit all the stereotypes; both of D&D players and black people—which are, I guess, supposed to be mutually exclusive?

But these are young women who were probably born in the mid to late 90s. A generation that has accepted not only LARPing, but has taken Cos Play to a whole new level and which grew up on the Internet and You Tube. They are also aspiring actresses in L.A. Why would they not mix their and/or their audience's love of gaming, cos play, and acting?

I have to admit that I and some of my gaming friends in the 40-plus age range have made fun of LARPing. I never had an interest in Cos Play. Also, yesterday, I met my first bronie. I'd read about and rolled my eyes about bronies, but met my first one in person, yesterday. I was at my friend's birthday party and his extended family was there. One of his nephews (I think he was 15-16 years old) starts talking about My Little Pony. I'm biting my tongue, trying not to smirk or make a joke about it. Then I realized how close I was to my uncles and dad's friends in 80s who saw me in the same way. The only reason the kid even started talking about it is because we were talking about D&D, which he also plays, so he probably saw us as safe to talk to about his other geeky interest. Before this, he was just sitting in the corner with ear buds in, playing video games or something. I'm glad I didn't make some asinine comment.

So, I might not like heavy character acting and dress up in my games, but if that's what other people find fun, more power too them.

Harzel

Adventurer
I have to admit that I and some of my gaming friends in the 40-plus age range have made fun of LARPing. I never had an interest in Cos Play. Also, yesterday, I met my first bronie. I'd read about and rolled my eyes about bronies, but met my first one in person, yesterday. I was at my friend's birthday party and his extended family was there. One of his nephews (I think he was 15-16 years old) starts talking about My Little Pony. I'm biting my tongue, trying not to smirk or make a joke about it. Then I realized how close I was to my uncles and dad's friends in 80s who saw me in the same way. The only reason the kid even started talking about it is because we were talking about D&D, which he also plays, so he probably saw us as safe to talk to about his other geeky interest. Before this, he was just sitting in the corner with ear buds in, playing video games or something. I'm glad I didn't make some asinine comment.

Good for you for considering things from that kid's point of view. The world could use more of that.

Wepwawet

Explorer
It's hard to imagine commentary on the appearance ("good-looking" or otherwise...) of the players be the first thing offered if the gamers were men.

Well, actually the reason I persevered with Yogscast High-rollers is Mark Hulmes, who's adorably cute! He talks way too much, and there's too much background music and sounds, it's very distracting... But he's so cute!

I also watched Critical Role because Travis (Grog) is so handsome... And Matt Mercer is an amazing DM and they're all brilliant roleplayers. But yeah, Travis :p

Chaosmancer

Legend
Well, actually the reason I persevered with Yogscast High-rollers is Mark Hulmes, who's adorably cute! He talks way too much, and there's too much background music and sounds, it's very distracting... But he's so cute!

I also watched Critical Role because Travis (Grog) is so handsome... And Matt Mercer is an amazing DM and they're all brilliant roleplayers. But yeah, Travis :p

Huh, I always thought more people were into Matt's glorious locks than Travis's physique.

I might have a minor man crush on all of them except Sam (I like the guy, but he's a little to over the top for my tastes)

Harzel

Adventurer

Huh, I always thought more people were into Matt's glorious locks than Travis's physique.

I might have a minor man crush on all of them except Sam (I like the guy, but he's a little to over the top for my tastes)

I only find myself ardently attracted to Matt when he is playing Victor. ;)

Remove ads