Give me something to do

Canaan

First Post
I understand wild shaping to be a supernatural ability. If the Rakishin's ability is similar to an anti-magic field, it should suppress wild shaping too. :) Perhaps the Rakashin itself is immune to the effect. Heheh, that would help, too.

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
[sblock=Something to rival her agility and speed... (CR 20)]Someone from where "be quick or be dead" is a reality, from where magic infuses ever particle... someone which will make her liquid movements seem cristalized...

A humanoid figure of gaceful, almost enthralling liquid movement. With both flesh and metal as skin, at times it seems like mercury runs over the skin, but when one looks again it's not there. The only thing which stops mortals from staring enthralled for hours at the figure is the head, a helmet housing darkness from where two pinpoints of green light witness the world run slowly. Those pinpoints are unnerving enough to wake an unconscious man.

Celerity
Medium Living Construct (Extraplanar)
Init +12;
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision;
Listen +36, Spot +36
Languages: Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial, Draconic
----------------------------------------------------------------
AC 40, touch 18, flat-footed -; Uncanny dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge
(+22 Natural, +8 Dex)
hp (max) 320 (20d10+120); DR 15/adamantine
Resist Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire 20
Immune Poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain, Sonic damage
Saves [SR 32]
Fort +13 (7 race, 6 Con)
Ref +15 (7 race, 8 Dex) Evasion
Will +10 (7 race, 3 Wis)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 60 ft. (12 squares)
Melee
Adamantine Fists +30/+25/+20 (2d6+14/15-20)
Ranged
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Attack +15; Grp +28
Atk Options
Special Actions
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Spells per day: 6/10/9/9/9/8/5; DC 23+Spell level; CL 12th
Sorcerer spells known: 9/5/5/4/3/2/1
0- [9 0-level spells]
1- expeditious retreat, mage armor, magic missile, obscuring mist, shield
2- eagle's splendor, fog cloud, melf's acid arrow, see invisibility, web (DC 25)
3- displacement, fly, sleet storm, slow (DC 28)
4- Evard's black tentacles, fire shield, improved invisibility
5- Cloudkill (DC 28), Telekinesis (DC 30)
6- Acid Fog
Abilities (32 pts):
Str 37 (6pts + 20 racial + 1 stat bump)
Dex 26 (10pts + 10 racial)
Con 22 (4pts + 10 racial)
Int 20 (0pts + 12 Racial)
Wis 16 (2pts + 6 racial)
Cha 36 (10pts + 16 racial + 4 stat bumps)​
Feats:
Racial Bonus Feats: Still Spell, Silent Spell
Empower Spell
Greater Spell focus (Transmutation)
Improved Critical (Fist)
Improved Initiative
Maximize Spell
Spell focus (Transmutation)
Weapon Focus (Fist)

Skills
Concentration +29 (23 Ranks Race, 6 Con)
Knowledge (Arcana) +28 (23 Ranks Race, 5 Int)
Knowledge (The Planes) +28 (23 Ranks Race, 5 Int)
Listen +26 (23 Ranks Race, 3 Wis, 10 racial)
Sense Motive +26 (23 Ranks Race, 3 Wis)
Spellcraft +26 (23 Ranks Race, 3 Wis)
Spot +36 (23 Ranks Race, 3 Wis, 10 racial)

Detect Magic(Su) - Always Active (as the spell).
Dual Actions(Su) - Celerity can take 2 rounds' worth of actions in any given round, as if it were two creatures.
Scan - +10 racial bonus on listen and spot checks
Spell-like Abilities CL 21th, DC 23 + spell level
At Will - blink, feeblemind, teleport without error
3/day - displacement, time stop
1/day - iron body, plane shift, temporal stasis
[/sblock]

Based off Chronotyryn, I fear the attacks resulted too weak, feel free to give him a permanent Greater Magic Fang, or even change his attack for a +5 Weapon.

Oryan77

Adventurer
I came to the Rogues Gallery hoping someone could write me up a last minute NPC for me. I'll be needing it for my session this week and I'm so behind on preparation due to planning my girlfriends bday dinner & my wedding proposal to her this Friday. I saw this thread so I figured I'd beg for your NPC creating skills.

I own every WotC 3.5 book up until whatever was released in November. I don't use Eberron stuff though. This NPC isn't an important character...he/she is meant to appear and die in one major encounter. So no real depth is needed, I just need this NPC to provide some major defense support to the Sorcerer & fighter minions.

Jah'Ahleel obeyed his Ultraloth master without question. Being a Githzerai, he was very disciplined and any chance he got, he would preach his clerical faith to anyone who would listen....or not listen. Today, Jah'Ahleel was given the assignment to protect his masters pet servitor; the crafty Tiefling sorceress & her 6 Mezzoloth brutes. The brief instructions given to him were to pray to his god for protection against arrow attacks, acid damage, electricity spells, & brute strength attacks. His masters parting words were, "...and see what you can do to defend your allies against Evard's Tentacles...the Tiefling was gifted the knowledge of that spell herself, but so to does her enemy have access to that devastating attack, or so she says....".

CR 7

Canaan

First Post
Celerity is awesome! Thanks! I think I'm gonna make him a female :)

Just need one more! The Juggernaut! woot! woot! They are gonna face them this weekend. I'll have to let you know what happens :)

Land Outcast

Explorer
[sblock=I need a Juggernaut!... (CR 22)]Well, there isn't such a creature in store... which doesn't mean we can't create one!... he will lose much of his power by raping his mind, a pity.
Bring me the gem with the imprisoned Master of the Black Rose.

Corrupted Master of the Black Rose
Corrupted Infused Human Monk 19
Medium Aberration
Init +4;
Senses ; Darkvision 60 ft.
Listen +28, Spot +28
Languages: -
AC 27, touch 23, flat-footed 14;
(+4 Natural, +4 Dex, +9 Monk)
hp (max) 220 (20d8+60); DR 10/silver, fast healing 10
Immune Acid, Poison, Natural Diseases
Saves [SR 31]
Fort +17 (12 class, 5 Con)
Ref +16 (12 class, 4 Dex) Evasion, Improved Evasion, Slow fall 90 ft
Will +17 (12 class, 5 Wis) [+2 vs enchantment]
Speed 90 ft. (18 squares) [Abundant Step]
Melee
Flurry +25/+25/+25/+20/+15 (2d10+9 plus 10 vile damage) or
Unarmed Strike +25/+20/+15 (2d10+9 plus 10 vile damage) or
5 tentacles +24 (2d8+5 plus 10 vile damage)
Ranged
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (15ft. with tentacles)
Base Attack +15; Grp +28 (see below)
Atk Options Tentacles, Quivering Palm (DC 30), Stunning Fist (DC 33)
Special Actions
Abilities (32 pts):
Str 28 (10pts + 8 insight + 4 stat bumps)
Dex 18 (6pts + 4 insight)
Con 20 (4pts + 4 insight + 4 template)
Int 12 (4pts)
Wis 20 (10pts + 4 stat bumps)
Cha 10 (2pts)​
Feats:
Monk Bonus Feats: Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, Improved disarm
Ability Focus (Quivering Palm)
Ability focus (Stunning Fist)
Boost Spell Resistance (BoVD, +2 to SR)
Combat Expertise
Improved Grapple
Leap of the Heavens (PHBII, don't double the DCs for standing jumps, +5 bonus if you have a running start)
Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike)

Skills
Balance +27 (23 Ranks Race, 4 Dex)
Climb +32 (23 Ranks Race, 9 Str)
Escape Artist +27 (23 Ranks Race, 4 Dex)
Jump +56/+61 (23 Ranks Race, 9 Str, 24 speed)
Listen +28 (23 Ranks Race, 3 Wis)
Sense Motive +28 (23 Ranks Race, 5 Wis)
Spot +28 (23 Ranks Race, 5 Wis)
Tumble +27 (23 Ranks Race, 4 Dex)

Disruptive Attack(Su) - +10 vile damage on all natural attacks.
Enhanced Power(Su) - +4 to the DCs of all attacks.
Infused Evard Black Tentacles(Su) - Black writhing shadowy tentacles sprout from the Master's back. The tentacles -outer manifestation of a possessing creature- by themselves provide a +8 insight bonus to Str, and a +4 insight bonus both to Dex and Con as dark whispers near the origin of the tentacles counsel the Infused creature.
Can have as many active as you Con bonus.
The tentacles can be used to attack independantly, normally dealing 2d6+Con damage (die increased because of Corrupted template), and can be used individually in disarm, trip, and grapple -note: you can also use the tentacles colectively, gaining a +5 bonus per tentacle involved- manouvers.
As well, you can deflect one incoming missile attack per free -not-grappling- tentacle per turn (as Deflect Arrows).
Flurry of Blows - Greater Flurry, can make two additional attacks as a full round action at his maximum Bab (+15/+15/+15/+10/+5).
Still Mind - +2 vs. enchantment
Ki Strike - Unarmed Strikes are treated as magic, lawful, and adamantine in terms of overcoming Damage Reduction.
Purity of Body - Immunity to all diseases except for the magical and supernatural.
Slow fall 90 ft.
Wholeness of Body - Can heal himself 38 points of damage per day, distributed as he wishes.
Diamond Body - Immunity to all poison.
Abundant step - Dimension Door 1/day, CL 9th
Diamond Soul - SR 10 + Monk level.
Quivering Palm - 1/week, touch, Fort 10+1/2 monk's level+Wis or die. [DC 30, including ability focus and Enhanced Power]
Timeless Body - No aging penalties.
Empty Body - Can go ethereal (as Etherealness, the spell) for 19 rounds per day.

Note: this one needs to be equipped.
[/sblock]

Finished with the epic trio... whew...

Oryan77 said:
I'll be needing it for my session this week and I'm so behind on preparation due to planning my girlfriends bday dinner & my wedding proposal to her this Friday.
Wow, kudos for that! (for being behind in preparation, so that I can stat out Jah'Ahleel ;) )
Best of luck, after friday drop by this thread so that I can send a mail for the wedding, that's my price. :cool:

Last edited:

Oryan77

Adventurer
Land Outcast said:
Wow, kudos for that! (for being behind in preparation, so that I can stat out Jah'Ahleel ;) )
Best of luck, after friday drop by this thread so that I can send a mail for the wedding, that's my price. :cool:
Thanks man! I guess it's pretty mean proposing to my girlfriend Friday on her birthday, and then whooping her PC's butt with your NPC on Saturday :p

I'm actually excited to see this NPC stated out. I know there's not much room for adding in a PrC, but you're more than welcome to make him as crazy as you can. I've never used an NPC that someone created for me...so this'll be fun.

Plus, I suck at making NPC builds. I'm good at creating interesting personalities & roleplaying them, but I blow it on the crunch end of things.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Thanks Jdvn1, any request? :)

Oryan77, no problem, my pleasure... now, I've got a pair of questions
[sblock=Jah'Ahleel DRAFT... (CR 7)]
Jah'Ahleel
Male Githzerai Cleric [Luck & Protection domains?]
Medium Humanoid (Extraplanar)
Init +2;
Senses Darkvision 60 ft.;
Listen +4, Spot +4
Languages: ?
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 14;
(+4 Inertial Armor, +2 Dex)
hp (max) 56 (7d8);
Saves [SR 13]
Fort +5 (5 class)
Ref +5 (2 class, 3 Dex)
Will +9 (5 class, 4 Wis)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee

Ranged
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Attack +5; Grp +5
Atk Options
Special Actions
Spells per day: 6/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1; DC 23+Spell level; CL 7th
0- [6 0-level spells]
1- Bless, entropic shield (d), shield of faith, shield of faith, shield of faith, shield of faith (7 minutes, +3 AC)
2- aid (d), resist energy, resist energy, resist energy, resist energy (70 minutes, resist 20)
3- wind Wall, protection from energy, protection from energy + protection from energy (d) (70 minutes, absorb 84)
4- spell immunity, spell immunity + spell immunity (d) (the idea is to use Divine Spellpower to get CL 8th and gain immunity to 2 spells, including Evard's Black tentacles)
Abilities (32 pts):
Str 10 (2pts)
Dex 14 (0pts + 6 racial)
Con 10 (2pts)
Int 10 (4pts - 2 Racial)
Wis 18 (10pts + 2 racial)
Cha 10 (2pts)​
Feats:
Divine Spellpower
Skill Focus (Concentration)
[6th level]

Skills
Concentration +13 (10 Ranks Class, +3 feat)
Knowledge (Religion) +5 (5 Ranks Class)
Spellcraft +5 (5 Ranks Class)

Turn/Rebuke Undead:
Inertial Armor:
Psionics:
3/day - Daze (DC 10), Feather fall, Shatter (DC 12). CL 7
[/sblock]

I'll need more information, see the draft up there and tell me:
is he basically to buff the crafty Tiefling sorceress & her 6 Mezzoloth brutes? That's the spell list I built for him, pre-combat buff.
Will he fight? will he be an important opponent (what do I do with Con and Str?)

didn't left me much space to work with (actually a githzerai cleric 7 is CR 8 "by the book", and is the only way to acquire Spell Immunity or Freedom of Movement -vs Evard's-, I thought of instead giving him scrolls, but his budget was too low)

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Land Outcast said:
Thanks Jdvn1, any request? :)
I want to take you up on the offer, but not tonight. There's an NPC or two I might want to have statted up from some game I ran...

Remove ads