• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Give the misinformation/satire threads a rest, please

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
While they no doubt seem amusing at the time, threads that pronounce blatantly false pronouncements of dooooom ("D&D 4.5 is coming!") just create anxiety, reported posts, and moderator annoyance. Please avoid posting those for now. If you do post them, don't be surprised if they're shut down; at this juncture, I'd rather the forum be about information than misinformation.

Funny is still good, of course. But use good judgment, and don't try to create funny at someone else's expense.

Thanks!

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
While they no doubt seem amusing at the time, threads that pronounce blatantly false pronouncements of dooooom ("D&D 4.5 is coming!") just create anxiety, reported posts, and moderator annoyance. Please avoid posting those for now. If you do post them, don't be surprised if they're shut down; at this juncture, I'd rather the forum be about information than misinformation.

Funny is still good, of course. But use good judgment, and don't try to create funny at someone else's expense.

Thanks!

This r serious D&D 4m.

Thanks for mentioning this Piratecat. I have had to stop myself from posting a couple of times in such threads as I don't think Eric's Grandma would have approved of what I had to say. They are especially annoying when the OP hasn't explicitly pointed out that s/he is trying to make a joke. Sometimes it is obvious that what the person is posting is false and untrue. At other times it isn't so clear. With the amount of information flying around at the moment it is hard to keep track of what's going on without also having to figure out whether someone is telling the truth or not.

Olaf the Stout

Glyfair

Explorer
Olaf the Stout said:
I have had to stop myself from posting a couple of times in such threads as I don't think Eric's Grandma would have approved of what I had to say.

Quite a number I didn't bother to post to just because I didn't want to bump them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads