• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Give the misinformation/satire threads a rest, please

Celebrim

Legend
Well, I'm clearly confused. I must have thought misinformation and pronouncements of doom had different definitions than they apparently do.

But since the last thing I'd want to do is cause some stress by asking them to read a dissenting opinion or playing a game in which there is a chance of failure, I think I'll go play somewhere else for a while. Because somehow I think I'd get accused of thread crapping or some other thing no matter what I posted.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Celebrim, the phrase "email me if you want to discuss it" is there for a reason. If you want to discuss it, give me a holler -- I'd be happy to. I will point out that your thread would also have been closed if it were in General or in rules, because we have a long and consistent history of closing satirical threads that specifically spoof other thread titles.

For better or for worse, it has nothing to do with whether you're pro- or anti-4e. Honestly, without looking, I don't remember your position. For the purpose of that thread, it didn't matter one bit; you could have posted your same message in the thread you were spoofing, and (while maybe a little over-the-top) I think it would have been just fine.

ShadeyDM, the thread you object to makes my "it's funny and not hostile to anyone" cut. Sorry if you disagree. Email me if you'd like to discuss it.

Shadeydm

First Post
I guess I need to take a page from the "wrongbadfun" crowd and pee all over the thread in order to see things balanced properly. /sigh

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads