• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gladiator's up

That One Guy

First Post
Woo...

6 gladiator concepts
12 heroic tier feats
4 paragon tier feats
2 epic tier feats
24 arena fighting feats (which modify existing exploits)
1 paragon path
5 magical armours
3 normal weapons (net, whip, bola)
4 magic weapons
13 weapon mastery (multiclass) feats

That's an astonishing article.

Cheers!
Wow... that was the best advertisement for Dragon. Seriously.
This Article really rocks it even makes Careful Attack/Sure Strike useful! :)

:eek:

How can such a thing as this be!?

vagabundo

Adventurer
Damn I need to get €40 together quick, like everyone though, finances are a little strapped at the moment.

Will I have access to this article when I do subscribe??

Hopefully.

Baumi

Adventurer
I must say that I thought it was an interesting way to use the multiclassing mechanic. By now, it seems to be almost a given that a multiclass feat is basically a feat plus ([weapon] Training is basically Weapon Proficiency [weapon] plus an additional benefit, for example), and is only balanced against other (non-multiclass) feats because each character can take at most one.

I haven't even seen that it is a multitasking Variant, but the way they structures it (Power Trade) it makes perfect sense. I like it that now you really have to think about if you start multiclassing or something like this.

How can such a thing as this be!?

You can take Arena Fighting Feats that require that you are a martial character and have one Attribute at 13 (or have the right race). They all change the several at-wills (but only one per Class) which make them more interessting/balanced.

Example: True Arrow Strike modifies the Careful Attack of the Ranger and the Sly Flourish of the Rogue and requires Dex13. Careful Attack: If you miss you can grant combat advantage and get a free ranged basic attack against the same target.

Or the Sure Strike Add-on gives you a +1 AC if you hit and carry a shield.

Baumi

Adventurer
Damn I need to get €40 together quick, like everyone though, finances are a little strapped at the moment.

Will I have access to this article when I do subscribe??

Hopefully.

You get at least the full Magazine of the month you subscribed (I could access the Adventure from Wednesday even though I subscribed yesterday), but I'm not sure if you get older Issues.

Rechan

Adventurer
I'm the most interested about the whip and net, actually. (For instance, does the net have the followup pull attack, etc?).

I'll have to wait til November to subscribe (I don't want to subscribe half-way through a month).

Nebulous

Legend
Correct me if i'm wrong, but did they say that down the road they'll be collecting the best Dragon and Dungeon articles into a print compendium? I have not subscribed yet (and probably won't for various reasons) but i would like to see the gladiator stuff.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
....I'll have to wait til November to subscribe (I don't want to subscribe half-way through a month).

Halfway through the month means that you get the whole months stuff. Next month and you suddenly might find yourself without any of Octobers stuff.

It doesn't matter when you sign up in a month as you will get the whole month.

Baumi

Adventurer
They said there will be a (yearly?) Compendium with the best stuff of Dragon but I'm not sure when it will come out and how much it will cost.

The new Weapons itself are all Superior Flails and have weak damage compared to other weapons, but with the special feats they become quite interesting strategic Weapons (since the melee ones are all off-hand you can still use a better Weapon in the other hand).

With the powers...
The Bola (light thrown ranged) is great for immobilizing and knocking down enemies.
The Net (heavy thrown melee) is great at slowing and giving penalties/bonuses
The Whip (melee with reach) is great for giving penalties, knocking down and pulling the enemy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads