• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gloria e Flamae Solei

GreatLemur

Explorer
Lhulan Ceth

Amazed at the church's lack of locked doors or incriminating materials, Lhulan begins to suspect he might have missed a secret door or hidden compartment, somewhere. But he knows that, by this point, he doesn't miss much. I wonder what's at this "small parish" the Father's visiting, he thinks, and if he goes there often. Or, alternatively, if he keeps his important notes with him at all times...

Either way, this excursion has accomplished all it can. Making sure to keep in character, Lhulan quickly makes his way back to the inn to inform Pious Judge Elohim of his discoveries, minor as they were.

Bobitron

Explorer
Lhulan quickly makes his way back to Kondith’s with ease, eager to share what little information he learned with Elohim.

OOC: Guys, I'm back up and running! Purchased Spy Sweeper and all is A-OK.

Feel free to discuss whatever plans you have at this point to deal with Cilain. Don't be afraid to take liberties with the game, I'll let you know if something should be deleted or modified. Of course, Cilain and his flock are off limits for roleplaying, but you can act out interactions with others freely. I want to encourage more interaction between the members of the group, even if it is just idle conversation. Post as much as you like.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Lhulan Ceth

Before contacting his colleagues, Lhulan goes to his own room, scrubs off his disguise, and gets out of character. He doesn't want to risk connecting Father Mhaerin with the mysterious priests from Flamekeep, especially characters like Judge Dathen.

Looking like himself again, he gathers the faction together and relates his discoveries in detail.

"Obviously, none of what I found is especially dramatic, but I do suspect that some of this information might be important. First, there is the question of why the Infinite Mercy houses so many acolytes. Presumably, the church is being used as a headquarters for the Pax Flamae. Regardless of what we do about Father Cilain's suspicions, I think that is a situation that may need to be addressed.

"The other significant revelation, I feel, is the tone taken in the Father's journal regarding his pacifist movement. He speaks like a man who thinks himself a new prophet, sees his Pax Flamae as playing a pivotal role in the history of the Church. This fits, of course, with his intention to appear before the Council in person. Brothers, he is prideful. And this pride could be our lever to manipulate him."

Saying this, Lhulan notes his own pleasure at relating his discoveries.

"...That is, in my estimation. How do you weight it, my brothers?"

LogicsFate

First Post
Ivan Kurgoth

"Where is the father now? Was it revealed or even suggested as to what role the Pax Flamae will take in the history of the church?" Ivan stops himself, and shakes off a look that suggests he had more questions.

"A false prophet attempting to gain power by turning the church against itself." Observes Ivan casually. Then he looks towards the others for their reactions to Lhulan's intelligence.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Lhulan Ceth

"Presumably, Cilain is still visiting the parish outside Sigilstar, as the boy told me. He said the father would be gone until sundown.

"As for his hopes for the Pax Flamae, he wrote that his subversive movement would 'save' the Church from 'wrath, hatred, and damnation.' He speaks of our holy mandate to hold back the darkness. Speaks of the Church as if it were no different from the evils it fights."
Lhulan controls his anger, but his eyes gleam with the intensity of a devoted convert.

"I suspect he might indulge in the heresy of the demon's voice," he adds, referring to the theory that the fiend defeated by Tira Miron at the Silver Flame's creation still hides within the Flame and speaks with its voice.

Someone

Adventurer
"I think it´s time to express my opinion" says Agral. "Let´s examine this more closely. If that´s the case, those in the higher ranks would have given us more clear orders, orders that would include the death of the priest. Indeed, the possibility of our sacred misson being discovered is an ultimately evil act that has to be stopped, by that means if neccesary, and more if a demon gides him."

"On the other hand, if we were sent at all, it means that something serious is or could be happening. It´s not a sin of pride to think we´re exceptional people, specially when it comes to fighting. Our abilities could have been used elsewhere; opportunities for that are not scarce in a world so big and corrupt as ours. But, my friends, we´re here."

"That only means one thing. Our superiors doubt: the priest could be, for all we know, a demon in disguise or a humble and misguided man that stumbled on certain information in a stroke of luck (good or bad). In any case, what I´m trying to say is: we need more information, and I still think we should spek with him and try to learn more, if possible from his own lips. After that we should have our ideas clear."

GreatLemur

Explorer
Someone said:
"I think it´s time to express my opinion" says Agral. "Let´s examine this more closely. If that´s the case, those in the higher ranks would have given us more clear orders, orders that would include the death of the priest. Indeed, the possibility of our sacred misson being discovered is an ultimately evil act that has to be stopped, by that means if neccesary, and more if a demon gides him."
OOC: Actually, I was referring to the sidebar on page 208 of the Eberron book. The thing is, Lhulan suspects Cilain of believing that the demon guides the Lodge and other extremist elements in the Church of the Silver Flame. Lhulan doesn't himself believe that the demon defeated by the Flame still speaks through it, as that would be heresy.

Someone

Adventurer
GreatLemur said:
OOC: Actually, I was referring to the sidebar on page 208 of the Eberron book. The thing is, Lhulan suspects Cilain of believing that the demon guides the Lodge and other extremist elements in the Church of the Silver Flame. Lhulan doesn't himself believe that the demon defeated by the Flame still speaks through it, as that would be heresy.

The comment had nothing to do with that, was merely a convoluted way of IC speaking. Read "in the worst case" instead of "if a demon controls him."

GreatLemur

Explorer
Someone said:
The comment had nothing to do with that, was merely a convoluted way of IC speaking. Read "in the worst case" instead of "if a demon controls him."
Oh, okay. I thought you were taking it as an accusation of demonic posession.

LogicsFate

First Post
Ivan Kurgoth

Whatever our final resolution we should make it before long. The more time we spend investigating and analyzing and speculating, the greater likelihood that we are identified by one of the father’s followers.Assuming that hasn’t already happened.If that happens then our mission may well be lost.Ivan leans back and once again slips into silence.

Remove ads