• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gloves of Dexterity

johnsemlak

First Post
Does the +2 Dex bonus from GoD apply on everything (ranged attacks, AC, Dex-based skills?)? Are there any stacking issues?

cmanos

First Post
I had a similar question about Enlarge Person.

"...The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a –2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1)..."

I initially interpreted it as a +2 size bonus that applied to everything Strength related. (Strength 16 has a +3 stat bonus, +2 for this spell for a total of +5) Another perosn interpreted it as a +2 to the actual Strength Stat. (Str 16 would become Str 18 and a +4 stat bonus)

The issue is more muddy with the Dex penalty. if it were a type of 'bonus', like ability bonus, or enhancement bonus...what if your dex was 10...you'd have a +0 bonus from your Dex stat...but it would be decreased by 2 to a minimum of +1...

I ASSUME these are bonuses/penalties directly to the stats themselves and not a stackable bonus like enhancement, etc...

Am I clear on what I'm trying to ask? I don't think I am...but let me know if it's unclear.

Thanee

First Post
@cmanos: It's a bonus to Strength, not to the Strength modifier. It raises a Strength of 16 to 18 and thus the modifier from +3 to +4 with the appropriate effect on all Strength related checks.

Bye
Thanee

hong

WotC's bitch
Thanee said:

You goldurn young'uns and your newfangled chat syntax. Back in MY day, we used ">" quote marks to denote who we were talking to (not even any of this VBcode business, we were lucky even to have sharp sticks), and we LIKED it!

diaglo

Adventurer
johnsemlak said:
Does the +2 Dex bonus from GoD apply on everything (ranged attacks, AC, Dex-based skills?)? Are there any stacking issues?

+2 ??? you need to go to Ye Olde Majick SHoppe and Buy +6 gloves.

Thanee

First Post
If you already have the +2 gloves, however, you then will experience stacking issues... both the physical and the metaphorical kind.

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads