• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM found! 0-level funnel pending!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Wowza! Three wizards.

Scott, I'll get you specific information about Halflings and Wizards; tomorrow I hope. For spells; you get 4 +special modifier. Randomly generate them with 1d27. Spells also have strange side effects (called mercurial magic). To determine the mercurial magic for each spell roll 1d100 and add Luck mod. x10% (looks like your wizards both have +0 Luck mod.) Post up your numbers and I'll let you know what you've got.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
DT, Boral has in Int of 16 so he can actually know 5 spells at 1st level. Scott, Franko can know 6 and Hank can know 5.

DT, Boral's spells are as follows:
1) Force Manipulation (no mercurial effect)
2) Enlarge (Unwanted Attention: the wizard and his allies feel as if something huge and terrible is standing right behind them)
2) Enlarge (Tide of Ash: All living vegetative matter within 10 ft is reduced to ash. Vegetative creatures caught within this radius take 1d14 points of damage. Dead vegetative matter is unaffected.)
3) Ekim's Mystical Mask (Circumstantial Magic: the wizard can only cast this spell when reduced to 50% or less of total hit points)
4) Detect Magic (Planar blink. After casting the spell, the caster unpredictably blinks in and out of this plane of existence, granting a +4 bonus to the wizard’s AC at cost of a -4 penalty to all the wizard’s attacks. The effect lasts for 1 round per spell level. There is a 1% chance per spell level that the wizard does not return from his involuntary jaunt across the cosmos.)
5) Ventriloquism (Rain of Frogs: Rain of frogs. Casting this spell sparks a tempest of amphibians that fall in a 30’ diameter centered on the
caster. All within that area must make a Ref and Fort save (DC 10+caster’s Int modifier). Failing the Reflex
save indicates the character slips on a frog and falls prone; failing the Fort save means the character has been
hit by large batrachians for 1d3 points of damage.)

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
DT, Boral has in Int of 16 so he can actually know 5 spells at 1st level. Scott, Franko can know 6 and Hank can know 5.

DT, Boral's spells are as follows:
1) Force Manipulation (no mercurial effect)
2) Enlarge (Unwanted Attention: the wizard and his allies feel as if something huge and terrible is standing right behind them)
3) Enlarge (Tide of Ash: All living vegetative matter within 10 ft is reduced to ash. Vegetative creatures caught within this radius take 1d14 points of damage. Dead vegetative matter is unaffected.)
4) Ekim's Mystical Mask (Circumstantial Magic: the wizard can only cast this spell when reduced to 50% or less of total hit points)

Boral can select which version of Enlarge he learns (losing the other) but will also get your choice of a replacement spell from the list of 1st level spells (and roll a mercurial effect for it) to learn. Since he gets a 5th spell you can roll for another spell.

Alright. I'll take #3, Enlarge (Tide of Ash). That leaves me with Force Manipulation, Enlarge (Tide of Ash), and Ekim's Mystical Mask (Circumstantial Magic).

I rerolled for the one that replaces the other Enlarge spell, and for the bonus spell due to Boral's high Int.

I got this: 1d27=14, 1d100+10=87, 1d27=25, 1d100+10=88

14 for a roll, and 87 for the Mercurial Effect and 25 for a roll and 88 for the Mercurial Effect.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wowza! Three wizards.

Scott, I'll get you specific information about Halflings and Wizards; tomorrow I hope. For spells; you get 4 +special modifier. Randomly generate them with 1d27. Spells also have strange side effects (called mercurial magic). To determine the mercurial magic for each spell roll 1d100 and add Luck mod. x10% (looks like your wizards both have +0 Luck mod.) Post up your numbers and I'll let you know what you've got.

. Scott, Franko can know 6 and Hank can know 5.
Franko:
1d27=3, 1d27=21, 1d27=20, 1d27=10, 1d27=15, 1d27=16
mercurial magic
1d100=32, 1d100=36, 1d100=34, 1d100=85, 1d100=32, 1d100=82

Hank's spells
1d27=15, 1d27=1, 1d27=4, 1d27=18, 1d27=2
mercurial magic
1d100=71, 1d100=62, 1d100=24, 1d100=68, 1d100=53

did I do this right?

GlassEye

Adventurer
DT, I edited Boral's listing of spells above to include the new spells. You rolled a duplicate again but this time I re-rolled until I came up with something different so we wouldn't have to ping-pong back and forth asking for/presenting die rolls.

Scott, yep, your rolls are fine. Spells and effects below.

Franko
1) Charm Person (Circumstantial Magic: can only cast from an elevated position)
2) Ropework (Demonic voice. The words of the spell are in a demonic tongue unknown to mortals. A demon is compelled/allowed to speak the spell through the wizard’s own throat. The strain of channeling the unnatural voice leaves the wizard unable to speak for 1d4 rounds after the spell has been cast.)
3) Read Magic (Thunderstruck. A clap of thunder and flash of heat lightning accompanies the casting of this spell, revealing the wizard’s position to all within sight of him. This likely draws both attention and arrows.)
4) Enlarge (Psychic shield. In the round immediately following the casting of this spell, the wizard gains a +2 bonus to his AC and any Will saves, as he is encased in a protective barrier of psychic energy. It disperses the following round.)
5) Invoke Patron (Circumstantial Magic: after fasting for 24 hours)
B) Patron Bond (doesn’t count in a spell slot) (Wealful/woeful magic. Each time this spell is cast, there is a random 10%-60% chance that the wizard’s Luck score is altered by its magic. If the wizard’s Luck is affected, it is either raised 1d3 points (50% chance) or
lowered 1d3 points (50% chance).)
6) Magic Missile (Spell killer. Casting the spell steals energy from a dying world, and any use of the spell causes the death of untold thousands. Every night following a casting of the spell, the wizard is haunted by dream-communications from an ancient sorcerer-king desperate to save his people.)

Hank
1) Invoke Patron (Worms of the earth. Pale white worms crawl forth from the earth whenever the wizard casts this spell, writhing in fiery agony (or unholy delight) before expiring on the open ground. Easily crushed underfoot, the worms disintegrate into greasy ash after 1d6 rounds.)
B) Patron Bond (no mercurial effect).
2) Animal Summoning (Gender bender. Casting the spell causes the wizard to temporarily transform into the opposite gender. This sex change remains in effect for one hour per level of the spell. Recasting the spell shifts the caster back into his original sex, but a failure on the spell check causes the wizard to remain as the shifted gender until a full
24 hours have passed.)
3) Chill Touch (Prismatic distortion. All colors are drained from within 20’ of wizard for 1d4 rounds.)
4) Mending (Mirror magic. This spell causes an eldritch echo that duplicates the wizard’s appearance as if he had cast a mirror image spell with a spell check of 16-19. However, each duplicate image created saps the caster of a single point of Personality until the image is dispersed.)
5) Cantrip (no mercurial effect).

Remove ads