1. I wish for $250,000,000.00 in $100.00 bills in my apartment

2. to be invisible to the IRS

3. Wisdom on the best way to invest it.

fireinthedust

Explorer
1. I wish for $250,000,000.00 in $100.00 bills in my apartment

2. to be invisible to the IRS

3. Wisdom on the best way to invest it.

Granted! Granted! Aaaaaaaand aerodynamic underpants! (aka: granted)

You imagine all these wishes to have been granted, instantly materializing in an imaginary swirl of, ohh, let's say fire and dust.

First comes a shower of colorful Canadian money, a rainbow of scintillating colors reflecting off the chintsy plastic used by those handsome devils.

Next, a cadre of boring-looking men in identical suits shuffles into the room, looking for something. "Scott? Mr. DeWar? That's odd... Is he under the table? Nope, no..." They move around the room, looking everywhere but right at you. Soon, bored, they shuffle back out again.

Finally, once they've left, a golden glow surrounds your head. At first it is harmonious, peaceful, but soon enough it becomes an aura of sharp bolts of light. You clutch your head in your hands and fall to your knees, the golden glow shifting to a prismatic spectrum of blinking daggers. Your eyes widen in shock, horror, and finally manic laughter. A scream bursts from your lips, uncontrolled, unbridled cry, "Akiiiiirrraaaaaaaa!!!!"

Everyone (save myself, but for a ripple of my colorful coat) is flung away from you, as well as the game table, the hex mat and minis, and numerous oven-baked french fries.

Your body trembles as you get to your feet, a spark of madness in your eye... "Aerodynamic underpants", the words and then the image, seared into your every waking thought. It all makes sense now. If only the world knew the power, THE POWER!!!!!!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
coins are still good old whale bone.

seriously? Whale bone coins still?

on a [more] humorous side, I saw a Canadian coach drive by. There were no less then 4 proud displays of the stanley cup. I thought "Really? rubbing salt and lemon in a paper cut, are you?"

doghead

thotd
Say my name and so I appear! (pp...)

Welcome back. I get the feeling that your characters might be the only ones to survive this ...

I'm mean? <sniff> I don't think so. [innocent]I'm just following the timeline of the module.[/innocent] Seriously, certain events happen at certain times and it was just bad luck that Siva chose a spell that had a long casting time that crossed those events in such a way that essentially negates the effectiveness of that spell.

I know. I wonder if Siva will ever manage to cast a spell that works :)

There were clues given to help you circumvent this scenario but that was over a month ago and were either forgotten or disregarded. But don't give up! It's not too late to figure something out...

Let me guess. The sceptre held by the armoured warrior matches the one we found, as does the axe and the robes worn by the man on the stone pillar (the one on the beach).

Actually, we didn't find a sceptre, it was a gold censer. And I think Xim has the axe. Which is funny, because it is bigger than him.

Still not sure how to put it together. Perhaps we need to sacrifice Siva :(

thotd

doghead

thotd
There are four robes and the tabard (5 disguises) and eight characters... What do you do?

Yeah. What the boss said. Although I was working on the basis that the tabard wasn't sufficient in and of itself as a disguise.

Which is why I suggested the two options:

Option 1. Robe up the heavily armed characters (Kurl, Tender, Siva and Narančasta) because they would have difficulty hiding shields and longswords and bows and stuff. The other characters (Boral, Franko, Homer and Hank) have (as best I can tell) only darts, daggers or short swords, weapons that could be easily hidden beneath robes. Boral is the exception, he seems to have a pitchfork. They are also, with the exception of Homer, magic users, so they also have ways of acting other than using weapons. Homer, however, as a halfling, gets some pretty good sneak and hide bonuses.

Option 2. Robe up the non-armoured characters (Boral, Franko, Homer and Hank) and have the others try and pass themselves off as guards. Even given the characters' filthy appearance, I think this might be harder to pull off.

I like Option 1. It allows us to put our subject matter expert (Kurl) at the head of the group (in robes and tabard), as well as allowing (hopefully) us the opportunity to slip some characters in among the villages where they can warn the villages and maybe even free some from their bonds. Plus, the villagers will provide some cover for the magic users' and halfling's actions.

thotd

Remove ads