• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM Problems: Table Space

Emirikol

Adventurer
To gm, I use an easy reader clipboard/platform to hold the module, a post-it tp track initiative and keep space for one book. We needed a bigger table. To do this my group pitched in for a sheet of oak plywood. We lopped off a foot or so from the end, stained and finished it. Now, we can keep that tabletop in the garage, on on top of the other table.

easy-reader-stand-feature.jpg

Last edited:

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
They fit on it perfectly, it is almost the exact same size. Its a little longer, but the flip mats fit perfectly inside the frame and wont scoot around.

Thanks! I am going to have to pick one up, the current mat just gets buried under everything. :)

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
From the previous page, I agree that BattleTop is awesome. It is sometimes inconvenient to carry to certain places, at least one of the legs inside mine is bent a lot, and the inner lining is coming off in places.

My gaming group tried something the other day that worked out well. We sat on my couch with the coffee table, and then put a full size card table OVER the coffee table. Gave us a two-tiered table. Upper tier was the battle map, dice, and the GM stuff. The lower tier is where everyone had their drinks and snacks.

The system we're playing doesn't have a ton of books, so that's why we dedicated the extra space to empty calories instead of gaming material.

Perram

Explorer
From the previous page, I agree that BattleTop is awesome. It is sometimes inconvenient to carry to certain places, at least one of the legs inside mine is bent a lot, and the inner lining is coming off in places.

This is true, it is not the most sturdy thing to use. I've had to re-glue my lining.

Remove ads