• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gno more gnomes?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
KingCrab said:
That would force players who hate the realms but want gnomes in their game to buy a book they wouldn't otherwise have bought.

Yeah, and I'm sure they'll both be outraged at that! ;) :p

Vocenoctum

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
I saw lots of dwarves.

Of those, about 15% were great characters. The rest were played because the racial traits and treatment in various stories are a good excuse to act like a rude, antisocial racist, or because the stats, especially in 3.5e, are overpowered.

This tells me two things: 1. Dwarves need to be reworked and 2. I played with too many crappy roleplayers. :p

Throughout the years, I've seen most dwarves either stereotypical drinking boaster warrior guy, or Antidwarf, like the dyed green druid from that novel. I played with a guy in 1e that ONLY played dwarves, and if he was shorter, he'd have fit the image. (Looked sort of like a firegiant look...) He was great fun. In 3.5 I haven't seen any dwarves myself.

Vocenoctum

First Post
KingCrab said:
That would force players who hate the realms but want gnomes in their game to buy a book they wouldn't otherwise have bought. I can see some people being upset. Since I like the realms, but don't care about gnomes wither way, it doesn't matter much to me.

They're pretty important to Eberron really.

It'd be funny if they bump them from the PHB and end up printing them in FRCS, ECS, DLCS...

jinx crossbow

First Post
Wednesday Boy said:
what was the reasoning behind it?

Imho the Gnome is very unpopular. In 3.x I've met not one of them
as a PC in mote then 10 campains. The gnome has nothing a dwarf or
an halfling can't do better.

Jinx

Nebulous

Legend
jinx crossbow said:
Imho the Gnome is very unpopular. In 3.x I've met not one of them
as a PC in mote then 10 campains. The gnome has nothing a dwarf or
an halfling can't do better.

Jinx

I just don't see the need for gnome really as a player race; there's so much overlap there with dwarves and halflings anyway. Personally, i wouldn't mind at all if gnomes were just relegated to an NPC fey race with more magical powers, like their historical counterparts in mythology.

Remove ads