• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnomes picture

Nathal

Explorer
Hey,

I was trying to find a picture of a 1st Edition gnome for a player, and I don't have my old books. Unfortunately, I found no image on the internet. Does anybody have a link to art I can show my player as an example?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Look up the art for Top Ballista, the BD&D supplement all about the gnomish flying city, gnomish flying machines and so on. Lots of pictures of the big-nosed guys.

rossik

Explorer
tm80401 said:
B1 is for Basic D&D not AD&D. No Gnomes. That is a Dwarf.

oops...my bad

pc2.jpg

er...maybe u should get this book, as the cover does not help u so much :(

tx7321

First Post
gnomes look like smaller dwarves (with beards), they are not boulbus nosed, pointy hatted, giant eared, or shoes that stick up with bells. There is an old 1E module (can't recall which) that has an outside trail (I think) where you meet gnomes. They are illustrated in it if I remember correctly (and look just like smaller dwarves). The beardless Douby looking critters you see in later editions do not match up with Gygax's descriptions.

Nathal

Explorer
tx7321 said:
gnomes look like smaller dwarves (with beards), they are not boulbus nosed, pointy hatted, giant eared, or shoes that stick up with bells. There is an old 1E module (can't recall which) that has an outside trail (I think) where you meet gnomes. They are illustrated in it if I remember correctly (and look just like smaller dwarves). The beardless Douby looking critters you see in later editions do not match up with Gygax's descriptions.

Interesting...I always pictured Gnomes looking more like Norwegian Trolls. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads