• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnomish Bard-Paladin?

I am making a CG gnomish bard/paladin of freedom(UA), Skipwrinkle Corswitzke, and was wondering if any of you smart smart people had any ideas for feats, skills, equipment, background, whatever

Talmun

First Post
Sargon the Kassadian said:
...any ideas for feats, skills, equipment, background, whatever

Well, it's hard to say, really, without knowing what direction your taking him, what game-world your playing in, and books you have access to (beside UA).

But...I would go for mobility (the feat and the concept) rather than armor, since your going to have arcane spells, you'll want to wear as little armor as possible. You might also look at using ranged weapons primarily, to take advantage of a good Dex.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Max out Perform (Comedy). Dont make a standard (i.e. dumb and clumsy) paladin, but make dexterity and intelligence priority ability scores (after cha, of course). Weapon Finesse might be nice, and the Combat Expertise Feat chain. Give him some ranks in a Knowledge skill, maybe History. His calling will be to defend the flock as well as teach them - by telling them humorous but thought-provoking stories. Make him play pranks on other people - only good-natured ones, of course.

simmo

First Post
For background: how about a 'knight of the word'? A holy warrior and lore-master who is charged with preserving knowledge by guarding places of learning, gathering new lore and recover lost pieces of knowledge.

Or how about 'knight of the pun'? A warrior and jester who has a divine duty to bring as much mirth and happiness in to the lives of others.

Or how about 'knight of the comedy moment'? A champion of laughter and humility who teaches morality to others by comic means.

Xath

Moder-gator
Firstly, get a good set of Light Armour (Hooray for Bards in 3.5)

Secondly, What an awesome name.

Thirdly, I wouldn't stick with the typical stereotypes for bards or paladins. (Are you playing a LG bard, or a non-lawful paladin?) Go with a type of perform that fits your character, even if it's percussion, and you tap out a beat by putting your sword into your enemies.

The rest depends on what level you are starting with, and what books you have access to. I personally like the feats Jack of All Trades and Quick Draw in any situation.

Thanx

We're starting at first level, my brother is converting my bard to be divine so my spellcasting will stack with my paladin levels. I have a ton of books available, but I'll probably be using just UA and standard stuff. I'll probably go comedic prankster as well! Thank you all for the help :)!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads