• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goblin Tiefling...

gamecat

Explorer
Happy action fun time...

Gob'lar
Small Outsider

Hit Dice: 1d8-1 (3 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft, Fly 20 ft (poor)
AC: 15 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +3 Studded Leather)
Attacks: Trident +0 melee or +1 ranged
Damage: Trident 1d8-1
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Gob'lar Spores
Special Qualites: Fire and Acid Resistance 5
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 13, Con 9, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Hide +7, Listen +2, Move (Fly) Silently +3*, Spot +2
<hr>
Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground
Organization: Pair, Squad (2-7), or Gang (3-18)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Normal
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: By character class

Gob'lars are either the offspring of minor demons with goblins, or one of the mad Vivimancer Enslemar MacDuff's crazed experiments. At any rate, a Gob'lar looks much like a goblin, save a larger braincase, little demonic horns, and most strikingly, a large pair of moth wings. These wings exude a mildly toxic pollen.

Combat
Gob'lars attack en masse or do not attack at all. Once engaged, they prefer to remain airborne, dropping rocks and other heavy objects after tossing thier tridents.

Gob'lar Spores: As previously mentioned, Gob'lar wings exude a mildly toxic pollen. Whenever a Gob'lar flies over an opponent, they must make a fortitude save (DC 9) or take 1d2 points of temporary strength damage. A second save is necessary one minute later (failure results in acute sleeping and a -4 penalty to all future saves against Gob'lar spores.

Skills: Gob'lars can fly with amazing stealthiness. A Gob'lar recieves +4 to all fly silently checks.

Gob'lar Characters: A Gob'lar's favored class is rogue.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I take it, due to the spores, that the gob'lar's demonic ancestor was a vrock. Nice work, sorry it didn't get comments sooner.

Demiurge out.

Sarelth

Explorer
Very nice, though I am not to sure about the name. Everything seems to be worked out great.

Here are a few (probably bad) suggestions for names:
- Mothlyn
- Goblyoth

Well those are all I could think of, but I bet someone else could think of something much better.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
try e-mailing gamecat or PM him. he doesn't post here very often and might not see this message.

Ferret

Explorer
May I suggest the name Groath? It's cool on so many levels.

I also like the Creature maybe instaed of the bonus to fly silently, you could remove the penelty when flying.

Remove ads