• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

God For a Faerun Game

Navar

Explorer
I am starting a new campaign set in Faerun, and I don't know the gods very well. Who would be the best god for a Paladin/Monk/PrC (paladin monk Evil Outsider and Undead slayer)?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Navar said:
Who would be the best god for a Paladin/Monk/PrC (paladin monk Evil Outsider and Undead slayer)?

Possible choices:

Ilmater - God of suffering & Mercy, many monks follow his banner, but he's more compassionate than an Undead Slayer

Kelemvor - God of the Dead - he HATES undeath with a fiery passion, as do his Paladins (he's a lawful Neutral god, and might fit well with your ethos)

Torm - god of Duty & Honor - He's more the "dutiful knight" type, and may not fit your Character well.

Sidekick

First Post
Well my personal favorite for that would be a Paladin of Tyr. I'd go with the odrer of the merciful sword. This Tyrian order is more focused towards slaying evil and smiteing badness than holding trials and being lawyers. It would well suit a paladin monk and I see it as a kind of splinter group of the tyrian chruch that actually ackowledges that he's not a rules obsessed robot (well not always).

Oh, and the order i=of the merciful sword is just a cool name, cause they don;t actually give evil creatures/mosters/devils any quater at all!

Other possiblitites - Helm, He's my favorite paladin god.
Torm - he's cool too.
Moradin - a dwarven monk is cool, a dwarven paladin/monk is cooler!

Sejs

First Post
Any of the Triad (Ilmater, Tyr, Torm) would do just fine, Helm would be a possibility, and Lathander would make sense for an undead hunting type. As would Kelemvor. Those are the big ones that spring to mind.

Personally, I like Ilmater. But that's in part because I really like how the church of Ilmater seems to be all about actually going out and helping people without any thought or care for reward or recognition.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Any of the Triad, Tyr, Torm and Ilmater, would be fine. There is a good prestige class for followers of Ilmater in PFtF, Martyred Champion of Ilmater, that gives monk-like unarmed combat abilities which may be preferable to actually "wasting" XP on actual monk levels.

Another interesting possibly is Eldath whose portfolio includes peace. The PC's "vendetta" against the undead isn't so much about slaying them as granting them eternal peace.

I would also include Lathander as a possibility.

If you're prepared to go further afield for your choice of power, I would also consider Osiris or Horus-Re from the Mulhorandi pantheon. There's a particularly strong prestige class in PGtF for followers of Horus-Re, Eye of Horus-Re, in PGtF and also on the WotC website.

Mystery Man

First Post
Navar said:
I am starting a new campaign set in Faerun, and I don't know the gods very well. Who would be the best god for a Paladin/Monk/PrC (paladin monk Evil Outsider and Undead slayer)?
I would go with Lathander.

God of Spring, Dawn, Birth, Renewal, Creativity, Youth, Vitality......

BTW your sig freaks me out. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads