Gods & Monsters - New Immortals Handbook Supplement

Hey dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
How bout the Lambton Wyrm? I here that might be fun. Or the questing beast? Maybe Behemoth or Leviathan? Perhap a rehash of the gorgon (medusa). I think gorgons were rather underpowered. You could also make The Great Sphinx or That crazy giant that wa cover in eyes (though I cant remember it' name right now).

I know that I would love to see the Golden Hind. Though I think I may have mentioned that before, Im not sure.

Oddly enough without the Lambton Worm there probably would not be any Immortals Handbook. I think when I was 6 or 7 I was reading a book about mythology and I was fascinated by the idea of the regenerating lambton worm* and the cool way in which it was dispatched.

*fantastically illustrated in this book - the knight had these great spikes on his armour.

However, that said, the Lambton Worm is basically just a big regenerating snake.

The questing beats is more a plot device than a creature.

Behemoth is too like Bahamut (and I already did the Mithril Dragon).

Gorgons, again just advance the current version and you should be okay.

I really wanted to have the Great Sphinx in the book, but at the same time I like the Sphinx in Dragon #297 so much that I don't want people to think I am copying, so I won't do that.

I think you mean Argus (the giant who was covered in eyes)...I am planning to include the Gigantes in the book (a generic version with one example rather than all the different Gigantes ~ although I'll have a list of them).

I have a full compliment of Monsters for Gods & Monsters. However, that said, four of the ones I have chosen could be deities (rather than monsters) so I'll probably have to find replacements...although if I actually give away the names I am sure people would force me to include them.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
I think we must have seen the same book as kids. Because the Lambton Worm was definately the very thing that got me into fantasy type stuff in the first place. I particularly like the armor and how the Lambton Worm got severed into bits and cut all over when it tried to kill the hero.

Update:

How's God's and Monsters coming? oh...um...that vampire template...is it one that overlaps the base vampire template from the monster manual, or is it completely autonomous?

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
When gods and monsters is completed, how will we who preordered ascension acquire it? Im not exactly sure how that will work...also...see previous post. LOL!!!

Pssthpok

First Post
When (and if) you ever do see that vampire template, you'll either be so disappointed that you'll go catatonic, or you'll be so excited that you'll go catatonic... either way...

Hey dante mate!

dante58701 said:
When gods and monsters is completed, how will we who preordered ascension acquire it? Im not exactly sure how that will work...also...see previous post. LOL!!!

You'll get it exactly the same way you get Ascension. I can put the two files in a folder and winzip it. So it will just be like downlloading the one file.

As regards the latest news on Gods & Monsters, I am trying to include one (epic) monster from each mythology (within reason that is). I think I have all the major mythologies covered except Japanese and Oceanic.

Greek mythology has five entries. All monster entries are for generic monsters (rather than unique monsters), however, some of the generic monsters include one or more unique examples.

e.g. Lunar Dragon, Typhon is the Great Wyrm example.

One other point I am wondering about is how much room to devote to those unique examples.

For instance if I have an entry for titans (greater and lesser), do I detail all the major titans (who each have different powers and weapons, despite having similar overall characteristics).

Pssthpok

First Post
Can't really say anything on the Oceanic ('cept maybe a big monster made of smoke that shows you flashes of your own deeds and appears differently to people of different alignments [/LOST reference]) but this site has an impressive collection of Japanese myth-monsters.

edit: from the aforementioned, I suggest: Daidara-bocchi "ダイダラボッチ"... it seems right up your alley. :)

Last edited:

Hi Pssthpok mate! :)

Pssthpok said:
Can't really say anything on the Oceanic ('cept maybe a big monster made of smoke that shows you flashes of your own deeds and appears differently to people of different alignments [/LOST reference])

I'm sure I'll find one eventually, I worked out a few things regarding various monsters in the book and it really is going to be an awesome book (I don't want to spoil too much at this stage) but I think there is definately going to be something for everyone, every creature type, every mythology covered by at least one monster and a good spread of CRs from 21 to about 666 (proprietry), lots of templates and lots of DIY monster builds.

Pssthpok said:
but this site has an impressive collection of Japanese myth-monsters.

That is a cracking website and resource. I just had to look through them all! :D

Pssthpok said:
edit: from the aforementioned, I suggest: Daidara-bocchi "ダイダラボッチ"... it seems right up your alley. :)

He he! :D

I made a note of about ten possible epic Japanese monsters which I will whittle down to 1 or 2. It was very interesting bumping into the monsters from Oriental Adventures.

Thanks dude.

Hey ShadowNinja mate! :)

ShadowNinja said:
What about the serpent Orochi, for an asian type monster?

Now thats actually a pretty cool monster, at first I was thinking its just a hydra, but there definately seems a bit more too it!

I don't know if I'll include it in Gods & Monsters, but its certainly one for a future book. Great find mate! ;)

Remove ads