• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Going Metric, The Final Chapter

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Having converted and played D&D as a metric game years ago, I was very miffed by the "Going Metric" series by Skip Williams a few weeks ago.

So I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is and write my own version of "Going Metric". It's based on my swedish translation (Dunder&Drakar), and can be found here:
Really Going Metric

Have at it!

/Mikael - author of the swedish (and metric) D&D

Thanee

First Post
The german D&D also simply converts 5' to 1.5m and therefore 1' translates to 30cm.

They just use these numbers without rounding and stuff, otherwise you can't base any calculations on the metric scale, but always have to translate into imperial, calculate and retranslate into metric.

Bye
Thanee

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Thanee said:
The german D&D also simply converts 5' to 1.5m and therefore 1' translates to 30cm.
I know. As I hope you've noticed, I do exactly the same.

They just use these numbers without rounding and stuff, otherwise you can't base any calculations on the metric scale, but always have to translate into imperial, calculate and retranslate into metric.
I round all distances to whole numbers, since my squares are 1 meter. In what way would that make it impossible to base any calculations on my metric scale?

/Mikael

Remove ads