• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Going to Portland, OR

Ebon Shar

Explorer
My wife and I are going to Portland for a few days in a few weeks. I'd like some advice as to what to do and where to eat while there. We'll be staying close to Lewis and Clark College and we'd love to find some fun while there. Any advice from Oregonians?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
There isn't much to do close to LC College.

For the rest of Portland, go to wweek.com and search. Maybe this link will work: “Eat This” | Willamette Week | July 7th, 2010 Hmmm. Close. The search is by neighborhood and category. Multnomah Village is pretty close to where you will be staying.

If you're a gamer (and if not, why are you posting here?), the best game store near you is Guardian Games. Another good store is Rainy Day Games in Aloha/South of Beaverton.

Finally, if you come to Portland and you don't visit Powell's City of Books downtown store (on NW Burnside at 10th Street), you will never stop hearing "Oh, you should have...." from people when you return to Seattle.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll definately be hitting the bookstore.
The wife is also very intrigued by the shoestore.

If you could pick one restaurant in all of Portland to have dinner, which would it be?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you could pick one restaurant in all of Portland to have dinner, which would it be?

Anywhere that serves Pacific coast seafood. There is nothing like the fresh stuff. Salmon dishes in the area should be pretty good, and there are all kinds of nice shellfish and crustaceans to be had. Maybe a little swordfish steak.

Damn! Just sitting here typing that gave me a full-on flashback to an awesome dish of King Crab I had when I lived in Tacoma, passing through Portland on a costal road trip.

In 1975.

Ask your hotel's concierge about some locations- its part of their job to know good locations to eat.

Remove ads