• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Golem update for 3.5

Yig

First Post
Am I correct to assume that all the golems in the 3.0 books are updated with the following:

Magic Immunity (Ex): A X golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance.

?

I checked the update booklets for MM2, FF and the ELH. They only mention the 3.5 Magic Immunity in the MM2 booklet.

Please say yes ;)

Thefifthglyph

First Post
Yig said:
Am I correct to assume that all the golems in the 3.0 books are updated with the following:

Magic Immunity (Ex): A X golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance.

?

I checked the update booklets for MM2, FF and the ELH. They only mention the 3.5 Magic Immunity in the MM2 booklet.

Please say yes ;)

You assume correctly. Monsters abilities take the newer version's description (3.5). Happy gaming.

Yig

First Post
Thanks for pointing that out, I did not check that part of the SRD.

And it actually make sense that the epic ones keep their full magic immunity.

dcollins

Explorer
That SRD reference is not a great source. The Epic SRD material was just copied wholesale over, there's no clear statement whether that was intentional with the golems or not.

dcollins

Explorer
I'll retract that. I didn't think that Epic monsters had been addressed in the 3.5 conversion booklet or other materials.

Remove ads