Goliath Warden Build Help

Sanzuo

First Post
After looking around I've found there aren't a whole lot of items out there that consistently improve your attack bonus. This is not surprising, hit bonuses are something that's very controlled in 4e and falls within a tight range for the purposes of balance. Yet, damage can be explosively high for some reason.

Sorry if this isn't helpful.

Thatwackyned

First Post
oh.

Weapon Proficiency - Gain proficiency with the weapon of your choice. This is what I need to use the Creghammer? Would it cover all hammers?

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
No, a craghammer is a superior weapon which means you need a specific feat to use it. It's worth it.

It might be worth it for the fun factor (rerolling 1s and 2s is fun), but I am not so sure it is worth it for the optimization factor. It's an average of +1 damage.

Thatwackyned

First Post
We are being jumped to level 9. This is my build. I'm really bad at Item selection, please help there. They items already there are the ones that i've found/bought. Remember I have no leader in my party, so survivability is the key. Thank you.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Tam, level 9
Goliath, Warden
Build: Earth Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength
Background: Geography - Forest (+2 to Perception)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 20, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 8.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 8.

AC: 25 Fort: 21 Reflex: 17 Will: 18
HP: 93 Surges: 14 Surge Value: 23
TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +12, Athletics +13, Endurance +11, Perception +12
UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana +4, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +5, Heal +5, History +4, Insight +5, Intimidate +3, Religion +4, Stealth +1, Streetwise +3, Thievery +1
FEATS
Level 1: Mark of Warding
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Craghammer)
Level 4: Crippling Crush
Level 6: Markings of the Elements
Level 8: Vicious Advantage
POWERS
Warden at-will 1: Weight of Earth
Warden at-will 1: Tempest Assault
Warden encounter 1: Gale Strike
Warden daily 1: Form of Winter's Herald
Warden utility 2: Endure Pain
Warden encounter 3: Rough Strike
Warden daily 5: Clutching Mire
Warden utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Warden encounter 7: Mountain Hammer
Warden daily 9: Form of the Stone Sentinel
ITEMS
Craghammer, Shield of Protection Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Bloodcut Hide Armor +1, Potion of Healing (heroic tier) (4), Adventurer's Kit, Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Javelin (4), Amulet of Health +1
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Herschel

Adventurer
Dump the craghammer, go back to sword and get a magic weapon. Vengeful is great for a defender. Your accuracy will seriously be suffering otherwise.

sigfile

Explorer
Hammers and CON wardens are great. With a post-racial 18, you'll be fine.

I'd recommend a downgrade to a warhammer, though, and replace that proficiency slot with Sudden Roots. Brutal is nice, but slowing on an OA is better.

Remove ads