Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Greybar: [sblock] Stonemaker was readying to teleport in. He didn't delay. As soon as Jin Xing entered, Stonemaker should teleport in just next to him (possibly in front, but I wasn't specific). Jin Xing, already in the middle of a move action, could continue it or not. [/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Round 1 and we already have a GM issue.

As Jin Xing enters the arena, just starting to get into the air, Stonemaker suddenly appears in front of him.

OOC: Readied action can interrupt, so I'll say that Stonemaker can't "leap" until Jin Xing is fully in the arena. This puts Stonemaker at 55n10e, directly in front of Jin who is then at 55n0e5z. Jin can rise over Stonemaker and complete the move as written, but will provoke an AoO, or stop immediately (stall to ground) and take a standard action in reply to the interrupt. Make sense, oh veteran arena GMs? (I knew I'd learn more by GMing this).

P.S. Both creatures are Large, btw.

Gansk

Explorer
Jin will continue his move as planned, but close his eyes immediately in response to the filthy lizard's appearance. He will then use up more of his fly speed to attain the same altitude with his eyes closed.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Golden Star will close his eyes after making his save though, I'm sure. That's another benefit to the interruption I'm hoping. :)

Stonemaker chomps for the AoO.

Greybar, don't worry. It's something never before attempted in the BoAA because of the rules changes. That's why this is an exhibition. :)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Round 1:
Stonemaker gets a good chomp on Jin's flank as he flies thru, doing 20 pts of damage.

Jin doesn't need to make a save, since the SRD specifies "Each character within range of a gaze attack must attempt a saving throw ... each round at the beginning of his turn." And Jin couldn't see Stonemaker at the beginning of his turn. (Which is good for Jin, since before I double-checked my rules the dragon was a pile of artistic stone.)

Jin ends his turn at 55N30E40Z, eyes closed and spell cast, with 158 hp.

Round 2: Stonemaker's turn!

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Wow, what an extraordinarily complicated first round! Good point about the gaze attack, but note that Jin now has hampered movement and moves at half speed (or 3/4 if he has blind fight). Unless he's hovering or has Good maneuverability, he has to fly half his movement or plummet. So, by definition he can't climb to any altitude (or a little with blind-fight).

Gansk

Explorer
Argh, I forgot how much I hate flying!

OK, change of plans - close the eyes and keep flying at the same altitude to 55N90E5Z, then cast the spell.

Your turn, Stonemaker.

EDIT: Who's on deck for evil? Don't tell me he's naturally invisible. :mad:

Last edited:

Greybar

No Trouble at All
The spectators and Maneeyac can see that the illusion-screen now projects the image of Evil's next combatant. The insect-like ice devil, covered with bluish-white icy rime, stands about 12 feet tall and weighs 700 pounds according to the scrolling statistics. Freezik awaits his turn to torture and destroy good.

Gansk
[sblock]
Maneeyac is not familiar with ice devils.
[/sblock]

I2K
[sblock]
Freezik has knowledge of:
* Architecture and engineering (buildings, aqueducts, bridges, fortifications)
* Local (legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids) of the icy kingdom he lived in in life.
* Nature (animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin)

So he's got a good chance to recognize many creatures, but sadly not outsiders or dragons.
[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Actually, Maneeyac can't see Freezik. ;)

Stonemaker runs to 55n80e, glaring up at Maneeyac.

[sblock] Stonemaker grapples for the AoO. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads