• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
143:
Ure steps to 65n65e and the tangle of draconic might becomes even more fierce. Lesser observers might be forgiven for wincing at the force of the blows. Ure's terrible bite wrenches a huge gash from Drac (natural 20), though the force of the bite apparently pulls Ure off balance enough that he misses with a claw and a tail - everything else hitting to a lesser degree (that's 25 best miss, 28 worse hit).
Bite is (22+21), Claw (17), Wing (9), Wing (14) = 83 pts of damage.

Drac staggers, with 2 hp to his draconic name.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Ouch! Drac will take a 5ft-step to 80n65e and take a regular full attack. Obviously, the Draconomicon authors gave Ure some decent buffs, while Drac got the shaft. :)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
144:
Drac wades in with great intent, landing a fearsome bite (46) to start with, but then unable to make contact with his subsequent attacks. (best 34) The bite deals 22 pts, leaving Ure at 208.

Ure replies with yet another savage bite (nat 20, confirmed with a nat 19 for good measure) for (24+17) that rips Drac's throat out, spilling firey blood across the arena floor.

Since Ure only required the one attack, he can make an MEA...

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Ure took a step first, so no Move at least. . .

The Lord Sam Raimi will appear at 80n65e in hybrid form and take a single, two-handed swing with his Large bastard sword.

Edit: Lord Raimi is Large.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
A white dragon if memory serves.

Lord Raimi will counter with a full attack of his own. He pretty much has no other option. He hopes his DR will save him.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
145:
Lord Raimi hits (46) with a threatened critical, confirmed at (38) for 41 pts!
(hmm... the SRD sample seems to show the werewolf only wielding the bastard sword one-handed -- here -- so I think that may actually be +10 pts, right? - each swordblow should be 2d8+20 double-handed). Ure has 157 hp.

Ure's response is fierce! All blows are hits (lowest hitting 25), though at least no more criticals this time for (21+15+19+17+13+24 - 60 = 49 hp) Lord Raimi's DR is indeed doing a lot to save him, though he still is reduced to 83 hp.

Lord Raimi might be staggered by that, but he just avoids the ire of the dragon's frightful presence (Will right on the target 24)

146:
Lord Raimi's reply consists of three sword blows and a bite (13+27 (Hit), 12+22 (Miss), 20+17 (Hit Nat 20), 5+20 (Miss)). Indeed the third sword blow threatens another crit, but fails to follow through. The sword blows deal 54 pts, reducing Ure to 103 hp.

Last edited:

PJSlavner

Explorer
Greybar said:
- each swordblow should be 2d8+20 double-handed

Lord Raimi's reply consists of three sword blows and a bite (13+27, 12+25, 20+22, 5+20)
Yes, each swordblow should be 2d8+20.

Why are the three bonuses to hit with the sword +27, +25, and +22? I think they should be +27, +22, and +17, and that the second attack would not hit.

Greybar[sblock]I think that Ure's AC buffs include shield of faith (+3), shield (+4), and cat's grace (+2), which would give him an AC of 38.

I do not know what Will save bonus you used for Lord Raimi against the frightful presence, but his Will save bonus is lower by 2 in hybrid form because he does not have his cloak of resistance +2.[/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
I have no excuse for the iteration bonuses being off... I wonder how I messed that up. Your first note in the sblock is correct as well, I was apparently copying from the next line down in the age listing or something. The second note is covered already, fortunately, so I was at least 1 for 3. That's a decent batting average, but not necessary a good GM accuracy level. :)

Editing now made above.

Remove ads