• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 8, Evil 9 - Evil wins the Exhibition!

Infiniti2000

First Post
On deck is indeed a huge white dragon.

Greybar: [sblock] Round 145 buff: shield
Round 146 buff: resist energy (fire)

What's the replacement spell for "reduce elemental vulnerability"? If I can choose, it'd be mage armor or shield of faith. [/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Bottom of 146:
Ure smacks in a bite for (15-10 = 5hp), dropping Lord Raimi to -2 and gaining himself a brief respite.

We're running out of combatants, folks!

Gansk:
I think we need the on-deck for Good, too.

I2K:
[sblock]
Since that matches the defensive nature, that's fine. And my d2 says that mage armor is now your spell.
[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC1: 83-5 = 78, not -2. ;)

OOC2: If memory serves, there's no one on deck for Good because this is Good's last combatant.

If Lord Raimi survives the remaining assault, he responds with another full attack of his own.

Greybar: [sblock] 147: buff: mage armor [/sblock]

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Grr... how'd my spreadsheet get off? Hmm, it's pretty way off actually. I wonder if I forgot to save after making a change... it has some values left over from Drac. So, counting back from previous notes.

146, bottom of:
All off the full attack hits. Bite (as previously set) for 5 hp.
Claw for 5, Claw for 4, Wing for 2, Wing for 0, Tail for 17 = 33 hp.
Lord Raimi is down to 50 hp.

147, top of:
Lord Raimi is off his swing, apparently, though he just lands his first blow (38), misses (32), and then miss again (35). The hit is for 29 hps, reducing Ure to 74.

Infiniti2000

First Post
There were a few factors.

1. The three hezrous.
2. The favorable ruling on biting through a blade barrier.
3. Improved Snatch.

I think those greater dispel magics must have helped, too. It sucks to buff up and then get that buffing wiped out.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Yeah, I think the summoning is a real powerful random factor. If evil gets a good summon percentage roll or two, they're way ahead. Good's summon tends to be constrained by normal spell limits, so it is balanced.

Perhaps another artifact of earlier D&D that they'll phase out for 4th Ed. :)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
And Good often has healing, which is huge in one-on-one, even if Evil might tend to have more hps.

But yeah, some of the good competitors have been nigh-unhittable, if often fragile once hit.

Remove ads