• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good Adventures in the Feywild?

mattcolville

Adventurer
My party is about to enter the Feywild and I'm looking for encounters/adventures that have classic fey creatures in them. Dryads or Centaurs, etc... Not, like, gnomes and werewolves.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to search the Dungeon archive for this stuff.

Quickleaf

Legend
My party is about to enter the Feywild and I'm looking for encounters/adventures that have classic fey creatures in them. Dryads or Centaurs, etc... Not, like, gnomes and werewolves.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to search the Dungeon archive for this stuff.

I know of the 4e Elkridge (am I getting the name right?) adventures by Raven (forgetting their last name), that have heavy fey themes, but I don think any take place in the Feywild.

I think your best bet is to get the official 4e Feywild book (it's very good!), figure out roughly whatregionthey'll begin in, then go the the original un-edited fairy tales for inspiration. This is what I did for the one Feywild session I ran, ended up with a really creepy faerie fiddler called the Jack-o-Grigs who appeared as a bard on the mortal world but in the Feywild his true form was a frog-faced fiddler on cricket legs in a dark red overcoat with disturbing black eyes. He wanted his own mortal child (changeling) and felt betrayed by the Faerie Courts when the Queen took the one child he had a chance of stealing for herself; he was one of the shadow fey. The PCs were trying to figure out where a child from the village disappeared to. They crossed Jack-o-Grigs' path and it led to a gambling match with soul-threatening consequences & a bardic fiddle competition & eventually getting evidence they could use to implicate him in the abduction to. The Faerie Queen.

Now that I think of it, Kobold Press (Wolfgang Baur & co.) put out Courts of the Shadow Fey for 4e which has gotten nothing but good reviews.

Sarasani

First Post
Beyond the Crystal Cave - Lv 1 Dungeon mag 211
The Elder Elemental Eye - D&D Encounters season 8
Killing Ground - Dungeon mag 189
Dark Heart of Mithrendain -Dungeon mag 157

These would be good starting points. Just replace some of the monsters with the ones you like.

bruceparis

Explorer

Not to sound too heretic (in a D&D thread), but the "Kingmaker" Adventure Path (from Paizo) is a really interesting Level 1-16 adventure sent around "Fey Themes". It includes ample numbers of dryads, centaurs and other fey - including a rousing Fey-finale. Just about all of the monsters in the adventure have 4E equivalents (if you have all the 4E Monster Manuals) - or easy to convert if you have DDI.

Cheers,

Bruce

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Not to sound too heretic (in a D&D thread), but the "Kingmaker" Adventure Path (from Paizo) is a really interesting Level 1-16 adventure sent around "Fey Themes". It includes ample numbers of dryads, centaurs and other fey - including a rousing Fey-finale. Just about all of the monsters in the adventure have 4E equivalents (if you have all the 4E Monster Manuals) - or easy to convert if you have DDI.

Cheers,

Bruce

That's good advice, rather than heresy. The final adventure is very fey-flavoured, and I really like The Varnhold Vanishing with its lost cyclops civilisation. These could be escapees from the fomorians in a 4E context.

Court of the Fellnight Queen might also be useful. There's another Pathfinder adventure with fey that shoot arrows formed from rose bushes but I cannot recall which one it is.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Are you seriously suggesting I spend $65 on an adventure?

I'm sure you are familiar with that old adage, "Ask a silly question...."

Anyway, he was obviously just posting a response to my implied question as I could not remember the adventure's name... and you can obviously buy any Paizo adventure for a small fraction of USD65 by simply buying the adventure as a PDF.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads