• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good FR novel

Trellian

Explorer
Hi, I am in need of a Forgotten Realms novel that I can read in the holidays when I'm home visiting family. I am primarily looking for a stand-alone paperback novel.

So, any good suggestions?

Kuld

Explorer
Any of the ‘Realms of’ books would be good for a short trip. They are compilations of short stories by various authors. Some are pretty good too.

Mystery Man

First Post
Waterdeep%20cover,%20large.JPG

And let me know how it is.

Trellian

Explorer
Heh, thanks for the suggestions guys. I already own Elfshadow and Ring of Winter and a host of Realms of X books, but I'll look into the Erevis Cale trilogy and perhaps City of Splendor when I'm stopping by the bookshop. Or maybe I'll complete the Harpers series by buying Thornhold.. .

I've just started reading the new Ghostwalker novel (2nd in "The Fighters" Series).

So far, it's really good. Much better than what I normally associate with FR novels in general. (I'm 1/3 of the way through).

Each of the Fighter's series seems to be a stand alone novel.

I don't think there is more than 9-10 stand alone novels in the entier FR line though.

Most of the books are a series & if a stand-alone sells well is seems a sequel is bound to come out. (or if a writer writes another book he puts in a 'cameo' of his charaters from his previous novel).

cybertalus

First Post
Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet is 99% stand alone, although it has some interludes that involve characters from her Aerilyn and Danilo books. Unfortunately it's also IMO one of her weaker books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads