• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

good treasure and gem lists

Pendragon67

First Post
Does anyone know of any good treasure lists (either random or not) that include detailed personal treasures, hordes, coins, gem lists, jewelry lists and valuable goods, etc. ???

:eek:)

KrazyHades

First Post
Well, it's easy to whip up a few gems and pieces of art and assign a price tag that fits the way you describe them, so lists really aren't necessary.

JustKim

First Post
Necromancer Games just recently put out a book, The Mother of All Treasure Tables, that describes in great detail treasures worth anywhere from a few gold to millions. It's about 150 pages of mundane treasures (no magic items) for $28. I picked it up and wasn't disappointed.

For gems, I've always used a very well researched article from Dragon 248. That was published years ago, but I think it was right before the cutoff point of the Dragon Archive CDs, if you can find one of those.

Thikket

Explorer
In my opinion, creative lists are always handy, no matter what the topic. I may be able to whip up something on the fly, but I'm limited in that I only have my own brain. With a random generator like this one, that limit is broken!

Check out http://www.aarg.net/~minam/treasure2.cgi -- I like it!

Some of the random descriptions that come up are awesome.

RainOfSteel

Explorer
Pendragon67 said:
Does anyone know of any good treasure lists (either random or not) that include detailed personal treasures, hordes, coins, gem lists, jewelry lists and valuable goods, etc. ???

:eek:)
TableSmith

Here: TableSmith Home Page

And Here:
TableSmith Support Group

There are hundreds of existing tables (inluding a selection of treasure tables) already written and ready to go, and most are DnD or Fantasy oriented.

Many of them are extremely simple to modify.

Making new tables is a snap.

The support group is very helpful.

Edheldur

First Post
Besides the Mother of All Treasure Tables, there is a PDF product named "Tombs!" that has a massive amount of random treasure tables (including: furniture, dinnerware, symbols of office, among some other categories). However, the tables are geared to produce one item at a time, and not hoards or complete treasures as TMOATT.

Bad thing is, the product is now not on sale anywhere and the company has dissappeared so it's not possible to get it from a PDF store (and I really don't know if the EnWorld moderators would be ok if I upload the product or offer it to someone here).

Phaedrus

First Post
Well if the company no longer exists... what are the legalities of such issues?

(Sorry, but I am a sucker for random tables--I can't get enough of them)

Edheldur

First Post
Phaedrus said:
Well if the company no longer exists... what are the legalities of such issues?

(Sorry, but I am a sucker for random tables--I can't get enough of them)
I really have no idea.

However, you can find reviews for "Tombs!" here on EnWorld, and the homepage of the publisher here.

Napftor

Explorer
There is also a new product called Hoards which uses random tables and has all new items for every category of treasure. See the link in my sig.

Remove ads