[Goodman Games] Blackdirge's Dungeon Denizens Preview: Hollow Ones

Rechan

Adventurer
So, if the Hollow One entry is any indication, there will be some errors in the book.

When do you think we'll see Errata? And where will it be posted? :)

evilgenius8000

First Post
A little thing I noticed: The hollow spawn's inscrutable mind attack is an immediate reaction that occurs after a successful attack against it's Will defense. In many cases, however, a successful attack will deal damage, meaning the spawn (a minion) dies and never gets to react to the attack. Not sure if you intended that, but its just something I found odd.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
A little thing I noticed: The hollow spawn's inscrutable mind attack is an immediate reaction that occurs after a successful attack against it's Will defense. In many cases, however, a successful attack will deal damage, meaning the spawn (a minion) dies and never gets to react to the attack. Not sure if you intended that, but its just something I found odd.

That's an interesting point. It's meant to be an immediate reaction, as it is for the other hollow ones. As you point out, the hollow spawn would die before it could use the ability if the attack dealt any damage. However, it would still be useful against other types of Will-based attacks (dominate, charm, etc.).

This entry is getting a few corrections, and I'll address this issue as well.

Thanks

BD

thundershot

Adventurer
That's an interesting point. It's meant to be an immediate reaction, as it is for the other hollow ones. As you point out, the hollow spawn would die before it could use the ability if the attack dealt any damage. However, it would still be useful against other types of Will-based attacks (dominate, charm, etc.).

This entry is getting a few corrections, and I'll address this issue as well.

Thanks

BD

Wouldn't "immediate interrupt" take care of that? That means the creature gets to go first...

Just an idea...

Chris

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Wouldn't "immediate interrupt" take care of that? That means the creature gets to go first...

Just an idea...

Chris

I like the flavor of the immediate reaction better. The point is that you actually gain access to a hollow one's mind (complete your action), which is what dazes you. It works fine for the other hollow ones, but not so much for the hollow spawn since it's a minion.

Don't worry, I'll get it fixed.

BD

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
So, if the Hollow One entry is any indication, there will be some errors in the book.

When do you think we'll see Errata? And where will it be posted? :)

Trust me, the hollow one entry is not indicative of the rest of the book. ;)

However, any sizable monster book is gonna have some errata. We'll likely post any errata for the book on the Goodman site.

BD

evilgenius8000

First Post
Cool. I like the flavor of the monster. It's has of those They Live type of feels. I could definitely see it getting some use in a campaign... Maybe not my current one, but they'd go great with a more alien theme.

Rechan

Adventurer
Amazon is saying my book is being shipped January 23rd - Feb 5th. But I pre-ordered the book. Shouldn't it be shipped sometime in December, given that it came out last week?

Remove ads