Goodman Games' Next Reincarnation Is Expedition To The Barrier Peaks

Following on from Into the Borderlands and The Isle of Dread, Goodman Games is next bringing 1980's sci-fantasy adventure Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to D&D 5th Edition.

Following on from Into the Borderlands and The Isle of Dread, Goodman Games is next bringing 1980's sci-fantasy adventure Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to D&D 5th Edition.

OAR-3-mockup.jpg

Announced at Gary Con this weekend, Expedition is due out in September. Like the others in the Original Adventures Reincarnated series, it contains the original module, handouts, and an updated 5E version.

The adventure features a crashed spaceship, robots, ray guns, and plant people.

You can find out more directly from GG's website here.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I'm actually really curious as to which old modules are on the table, as I assume Mearls has plotted out which ones to use and how given the success of Strahd and Yawning Portal.

If I had to guess? Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth combined with the Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. Has that "Goodman Vibe" as well.

Really happy to see them do this one, as I think there is plenty of room for improvement and expansion, as they did with the other updates. Look forward to seeing how they do the "figure out how to operate the advanced technology" tree...

gyor

Legend
Guess I'm the only one not excited for this one. Hard Skip for me.

No, it's not for me either. It does make me wonder why they don't just make deal with GMG to do the Greyhawk setting book, that why they don't have to worry about it, I mean GMG is already doing Greyhawk nodules.

TheZigZagist

Explorer
Turned out to be a downed Robotech Master ship my last run through in the late eighties. Kinda launched us into a whole other RPG by the end of it. lol

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Turned out to be a downed Robotech Master ship my last run through in the late eighties. Kinda launched us into a whole other RPG by the end of it. lol
I think, canonically, it's supposed to be a portion of the Starship Warden from Metamorphosis Alpha (and at least one edition of Gamma World). Conveniently, that's also published by Goodman at the moment.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I am surprised. I thought WOTC would want to revamp this themselves for 5e.

I think the maps alone might give them pause. :)

This one's also full of making up weird mechanics for technology, which doesn't quite fit with the streamlined nature of 5e. I can see them avoiding it purely for that reason.

Cheers!

chaoshead87

Explorer
No, it's not for me either. It does make me wonder why they don't just make deal with GMG to do the Greyhawk setting book, that why they don't have to worry about it, I mean GMG is already doing Greyhawk nodules.

I'm not against them doing the modules, this one just isn't for me. Have run through this one a couple times and have never really enjoyed it. I think they are doing a pretty good job with the revamps. I wouldn't complain if they did the Geyhawk setting book....I might even buy it.

thundershot

Adventurer
I have the first two books, and I love them, however my only disappointment is that whatever deal they have with WOTC prevents them from publishing them in PDF format. I want printable maps!!

Parmandur

Book-Friend

It sounds like Mearls has Greyhawk plans. This is the only Greyhawk modules in this series, so far: OAR 2 had a bunch of setting info for the Known World, though.

Remove ads

Remove ads