• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games sale buying from the UK

Waylander

The Slayer
Hi!

I've been thinking of taking advantage of the Goodman Games sale (see http://www.goodman-games.com/). However, as I live in the UK p&P becomes a serious consideration. The "sweet spot" would appear to be making a purchase of less than $100 which would cost $20P&P.

Principally I'm interested in DCC51: Castle Whiterock but this still leaves me with $50 to spend!

I'm also tempted by DCC20: Shadows in Freeport as a run an ocassional Freeport campaign.

What suggestions would people make o the best o the other DCC?

I already own DCC1, 2, 12, 12.5, 24 and 35.

Many thanks in advance! :D

Crothian

First Post
#27: Revenge of the Rat King, a sequal to number 1 which you have. I'd recomend that one.

#29: The Adventure Begins and #48: The Adventure Continues are both hard bound books with many adventures in them. 29 has 20 adventures and I imagine 48 has the same amount. I'm getting great uses out of these. The first is for levels 1-3, the second is for levels 4-6. They make great small side adventures. Each adventure should take a single game session and they are very easy to prepare for as a DM. Plus, the adventures in them are good.

There are three 2 dollar modules ($1 with the sale) that all all good. I've ran each one and they are very entertaining. I know they don't help much with getting to the $100 mark, but since you don't have them I'd get them. For a buck they are unequaled.

#46: Book of Treasure Maps: THis is cool because it is several (don't recall how many) seperate adventures. All of them start with the players finding a treasure map. I haven't had a chance to run any yet but they look fun.

#50: Vault of the Iron Overlord written by Monte cook and nominated for Best Adventure this year in the ENnies. I really like this module a lot.

#41: Lost Arrows of Aristemis This module is not talked about unforantely. It is one that as soon as I read I figured out how to fit it into my current campaign. It has a lot of neat things in it and is a good sized module. It does have a few different places the PCs adventure so it is not one huge dungeon crawl (it is like 4 medium sized dungeon crawls ;) )

If any of the others catch your eye as you are reading about them and you want more information ask me. I have all of the DCC for 3ed now. I'm far from running them all but each have been read and I can easily pull out a module and tell you what it is in.

Waylander

The Slayer
Thanks Crothian! :)

The following come to $98.99:

DCC 51 Castle Whiterock
DCC 50 Vault of the Iron Overlord
DCC 48 The Adventure Continues
DCC 29 The Adventure Begins
DCC 27 Revenge of the Rat King
DCC 11 The Dragonfiend Pact

As I run a lot of lower level adventures 29 and 48 should be very useful!

As an aside, have you any comments on:

DCC 6 Temple of the Dragon Cult
DCC 37 The Slithering Overlord

Many thanks for your help!

Crothian

First Post
You are welcome

37 has a nice underdark feel with three factions working against each other. It looks like a good political adventure could be gotten from it if you don't want just another dungeon crawl.

6 is a twist of a story with the wounded dragon the PCs are hunting having his own set of followers. Again I think a political adventure of some sorts could be gotten from it but it would still be pretty good as is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads