• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman NOT going GSL it looks like

Napftor

Explorer
More power to him. I like the fact that there's 1e material coming out as well. And I must say that the Character Codex looks very nice! Even got William "4e" O'Connor, too.

Halivar

First Post
I'll take a "glass half-full" approach to the news and state that this is also definitive proof that Goodman is supporting 4th Ed., and not 3.5x/Pathfinder; which is probably more important than the license they use.

Psion

Adventurer
I'll take a "glass half-full" approach to the news and state that this is also definitive proof that Goodman is supporting 4th Ed., and not 3.5x/Pathfinder; which is probably more important than the license they use.

I didn't think that was news. Only the state of licensing was in question.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Actually, that is not necessrily the case. By going copyright, as it seems they are doing, they can release for any system, including 3.X without the OGL.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
As long as they put out good stuff that I can easily use in my 4E game, and they do it legally, I don't care how they do it.

portermj

First Post
I must be missing what makes the DM Campaign Record, as described, edition specific or even game specific.

I also wonder about the Character Codex. 4E doesn't even have cohorts yet.

It sounds like they are generic products and the mention of 4th edition is just a marketing strategy.

Filcher

First Post
Gen Con is going to be CRAZY. I'm going to hit the booth first, to get my 4E DCCs before the cease/desist letter shows up from Wizards. :) :) :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads