Goodwill

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthedm

First Post
Not for poor people. Seriously, that is twisted.
Guy was stealing. When a person gets trusted with a cash register, this is the kind of thing you are not supposed to do. If you want a reason to be angry with Goodwill, here is a far more legit reason. But keep in mind....

Each Goodwill entity is independently operated. The organizations file separate tax returns and are controlled by an independent board of directors, usually local business and community leaders. That explains why the Watchdog investigation found substantial variation in wages and financial policies throughout the country. To be clear, not every Goodwill organization pays its disabled workers less than the federal minimum wage, or its CEOs top-dollar.

Despite what some people sometimes think, most stores that sell used items cheaply are supposed to be charitable to their causes, not their shoppers.

Me, I'll still be hitting any thrift / discount store I find just because how much esoteric crap they have. Some vanilla corporate greed won't change my shopping / hoarding habit. Now if one of these stores is practicing eugenics on it's employees, maaaybe I'll avoid that one.

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Not for poor people. Seriously, that is twisted.

Ido not believe in charities, but this is even worse than my nightmares.
Your nightmares must be pretty mild. Not sure what we're supposed to react to so outrageously here. How does the fact that it's a Goodwill make it okay for an employee to determine prices of his own accord?

Sure, Goodwill's a scam, as most charities are. But scam are no, a business should take action against employees that rob them.

Sounds like he ultimately just lost his job. Nothing to see here.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I do not remember my dreams/nightmares, so I can say anything I want about them.

Well, if you say your store is there to help poor people, and when an employee helps poor people he is fired for it, I think it is pretty clear. If people do not see the contradiction, I can help it.

Felon

First Post
I do not remember my dreams/nightmares, so I can say anything I want about them\

Well, if you say your store is there to help poor people, and when an employee helps poor people he is fired for it, I think it is pretty clear. If people do not see the contradiction, I can help it.
There is no contradiction, your logic is just a bit too facile. Just because Goodwill is a thrift store, that doesn't empower every employee working there with discretionary authority to set prices.

You can be sure that every item in that store is inventoried and at the end of the month has to be accounted for. They aren't just stuffing their revenue into bags with big dollar symbols on them.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads