Goodwill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. So government money is not the people's money anymore? Or does it work only for things you like?
And your using what is called a strawman where you invent a position for someone and argue against your own invention rather than the argument that was given. When you give a charity money it ceases to become yours anymore. The government, however, usually takes money by force, rather than being willing given. So your complaint would only hold true of the Red Cross taking everything you own and giving it to other people is the Red Cross spending their own money, rather than taking your money. So would you call that charity or theft?

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
Never-Argue-with-Idiots_3020-l.jpg

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
And your using what is called a strawman
No, I'm asking you a question. No need to dodge.

The government, however, usually takes money by force, rather than being willing given.
So every year a gun is pointed at your head? I know I pay my taxes willingly, but I am weird.

So your complaint would only hold true of the Red Cross taking everything you own and giving it to other people is the Red Cross spending their own money, rather than taking your money. So would you call that charity or theft?
So the government takes everything from you own now? It steals from you? What accurate analogies. You sure thought me a lesson. I thought representatives were elected by the population with mandates to collect the taxes. I guess that is just in Québec. Everywhere else it is piracy.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
Goldo... of course gov't doesn't hold a gun to your head. That's bad PR.
Instead, they hold the gun of litigation to your head. The problem isn't too little taxes, the problem is too much waste.

No, I'm asking you a question. No need to dodge.
I didn't dodge, your question assumed that I believed things that I do not and I addressed that and answered your questions. You your accusing me a dodging is a falsehood. You however didn't address my points, but tried to nitpick to avoid addressing them.

So every year a gun is pointed at your head? I know I pay my taxes willingly, but I am weird.
And here you dodged the point that I made. If you do not pay those taxes you will be arrested and then the money taken against your will. However, you will not be forced to give to charity and therefor the assumptions you made in your question have no real relevance to the Red Cross owning the money that is willingly given to them.

So the government takes everything from you own now? It steals from you? What accurate analogies. You sure thought me a lesson. I thought representatives were elected by the population with mandates to collect the taxes. I guess that is just in Québec. Everywhere else it is piracy.
And here use a strawman again and ridicule me in order to dodge the point, pretending that your ability to ridicule negates the point I was making. What I did is not an analogy, it is taking a premise that is required to be true for your point to hold and applying to to an extreme to show that the premise itself is actually false. That doesn't require the government to take everything you own to work. By the reasoning you used the Red Cross could spend all your money in the same way that they spend their own. Therefor my question's answer address your question that you falsely said that I dodged

And twice now you have failed to address the questions that I asked, showing that you are unwilling to debate the subject.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Interesting. So government money is not the people's money anymore? Or does it work only for things you like?

Guys and gals...

EN World has a pretty strict "no politics" rule. Politics is a realm where people argue matters of strong belief, and discussions generally get heated. That heat tends to spread out beyond the thread in question and colors other discussions.

Now, these topics do bear discussion - but EN World is here first and foremost to discuss games. When other discussions start getting in the way of that mission, their presence must be questioned.

And politics pretty much always gets in thew way. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads