Google admits to reading your emails, claims you should expect it.

brenson164

First Post
This is merely my personal opinion. From the time that I create account in the internet whether in email or in social media the word privacy is merely a word. Email providers would scan every messages that send out and it for the purpose that you didn't abuse your agreement with them.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not as caring to folks breaking laws as I am to people who don't have anything to hide. Are the latter being harmed?

The concept of privacy far exceeds the bounds of lawbreaking. It encompasses the concept of dignity.

Using the toilet isn't illegal. You don't want to do it in public, though. Privacy is about lots of things; "nothing to hide" is a misnomer. I do plenty of perfectly normal, legal things which I wish to remain private. I also have plenty of perfectly normal, legal conversations (both offline and online) which I wish to remain private.

Janx

Hero
The concept of privacy far exceeds the bounds of lawbreaking. It encompasses the concept of dignity.

Using the toilet isn't illegal. You don't want to do it in public, though. Privacy is about lots of things; "nothing to hide" is a misnomer. I do plenty of perfectly normal, legal things which I wish to remain private. I also have plenty of perfectly normal, legal conversations (both offline and online) which I wish to remain private.

These are the excellent examples I was asking for. Thanks.

I think having specific examples like these helps get past the "if you haven't got anything to hide" argument about unreasonable search or lack of probable cause.

Remove ads