Gormenghast

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
The crow flies up and sits on a gargoyl's head and looks on the Dove
I can feel you have more than you reveal, I'm a friend he squicks to him.

What can you tell me about Amberius (?) i forgot his name
and what's your connection to him and to the miracle of the crozier?
Piercing through to the bird's mind seems like tredging through thick mud, but drawing on mental strength you did not know you possesed you managed to do so, with effort. [You are now tired.] For all this effort, the return is rather slim. The bird seems dumb, a creature of animal Cunning rather than the keen Intelligence of a familiar you expected to find. It doesn't understand what "Am-bro-si-us" or "cro-zi-er" or "mi-ra-cle" mean. It's response to your first question, however, is intriguing:
"Friend? Do you know of the Flightless One, Friend? Can you find him? Have you seen him? I long to rejoin with the Flightless One, we were once as one, and I soared higher... Do you know of the Flightless One, Friend?"

Technically sponting a "speak with animals" spell is just slightly above your powers, but we'll assume you rolled pretty well. I'll explain what you can and can't do, sometime...

Victor

Ohh... I'm tierd, i must rest, hey just a min. Ambrosius is the flightless
Victor thinks to himself.

We are looking for the flightless as well friend,
where was the last time you saw the flightless.
we know about him and we'll help you find him friend.

when he finish the conversation, Victor returns to the alley to change back, he then tells everything to Chronius and decides to go back to the inn to rest.

Yair

Community Supporter
Pyotr nods in gratitude to Sofia and Chen. "Arson and murder, yes... Enemies? No. That is... but surely not... " He smiles meekly. "Since my wife died, I have, well, had some difficulties. I took a loan, and I haven't quite payed all the interest. Yet. To the Grip, you see. He had threatened to hurt me if I do not pay... but, you don't think?..."

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Ohh... I'm tierd, i must rest, hey just a min. Ambrosius is the flightless
Victor thinks to himself.

We are looking for the flightless as well friend,
where was the last time you saw the flightless.
we know about him and we'll help you find him friend.

when he finish the conversation, Victor returns to the alley to change back, he then tells everything to Chronius and decides to go back to the inn to rest.
The bird's mind is fuzzy, and concepts such as time are hard for it to comprehend. Talking with it you sense the waiting is long, but that could mean months or years, you aren't sure.

OOC: You can keep going if you want to - you are at -1 to all actions due to being tired, but you can still function and an half hour of rest or so should rejuvinate you.
That was a quick reply, BTW! Wow!

Yair

Community Supporter
Wedding Bells

I'm getting married this Friday, so this may very well be my last slew of posts for a while. I might be able to slide one more in, but I doubt if more. I'll return to active posting only in a month or so (depending on my military duties). So farewell everyone! And have fun :)

Yair

Community Supporter
Maerdwyn said:
"I wouldn't know for sure, of course, but someone certainly attacked you lat night. Who is this Grip?"
"Tremsin 'the Grip'. He is... well, I tried to go to Annan but he wouldn't lend me the money. The Grip would. He's a Christian, the kind of guy that hangs around with rough men and takes care of... well, illegal buisness. You'd know him in an instant - his fingers are fused together, that's why he got his name. I normally wouldn't go near these types, but I needed the money for the funeral..."

Someone

Adventurer
Chronius sees the crow flying high, out of his view, and prepares for a long waiting. He picks the fallen clothes, looks for a place to rest -one where the building shield him against the cold wind- and gathers patience.

"Keep an eye for the crow" he tells the grogs.

They grumble a bit, and one of them asks: "Can we go for something to drink"

Chronius nods in approval. One of the grogs blinks an eye and runs to the nearest tavern.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Yair said:
"Tremsin 'the Grip'. He is... well, I tried to go to Annan but he wouldn't lend me the money. The Grip would. He's a Christian, the kind of guy that hangs around with rough men and takes care of... well, illegal buisness. You'd know him in an instant - his fingers are fused together, that's why he got his name. I normally wouldn't go near these types, but I needed the money for the funeral..."

"I see. Well he does seem like a possible suspect. Do you lack the means to pay him back, then? You seem like a skilled man, Pyotr. Someone must be paying you for the work you are doing on those ornate pillars I noticed during the fire last night - could you use that money to pay him back?"

arscott

First Post
Hey, was the historical prohibition on charging interest a catholic thing only, or does it extend to the orthodox churche?

Remove ads