Gormenghast

Yair

Community Supporter
Chronius said:
"We´d be deligted to see the crozier, though we understand this is probably not the moment, and will return at a more appropiate time."
"It is our most holy of relics" the father nods. "Indeed access to it is limited, you would be best to retun when it it displayed to the public."

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Victor asks the father
What Danill did over there few days before the miracle? do you think he has something to do with it, with the Crozier.
Do you know of others that knew him ?
Father Deodat hesitates. "I don't think he had anything to do with the miracle. He used to pray at the crypt, where the ceremony was held, but he was not there when it happened. "
"Others? No, I can't say that I do. I think he resided in the Jewish quarter when he was in town, you might want to ask there."

And in your mind, betraying whispers dance their macabre dance...
The crozier.... was it his? Is the bishop wrong? No, don't say that, not in front of these strangers... perhaps he was right, perhaps it is a relic...

Yair

Community Supporter
Maerdwyn said:

Sofia breaks in here, saying "I am afraid that taking them now, under such circumstances, will do nothing to help your authority, sir," she says, almost sadly. "However, mobs are not known for their attention spans...if you are seen to be speaking peacefully with these two, rather than attempting to drag them away, I think you may the find the crowd grows bored and dissipates. If you would be willing to do this, I would certainly address the crowd, and convince them to settle down some now. It would make your job much easier, and you would likely get underway more quickly, I assure you." She peers out over the rowdy crowd. "Not to mention, more safely..."
Doshek blushes. He raises his voice in anger. "You think a mob of jews will prevent me from my holy task? I will not let them scare me away from revealing their wretched devilry!" He looks at you closely, narrowing his eyes. "Come to think of it, what exactly are you doing here, lady Maratkova? Do you often consort with devil worshipping jews?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Grogs Outside:
As you sit at the borrom of the stairs, some bird dung suddenly hits Gregory. Looking up, you see a small flock of pigeaons perches on the cathedral nearby, occasionally flying around the court. Apparently one of them decided Gregory was a nice target.

OOC: I forgot to mention there is a flock of pigeaons residing around the cathedral.

Someone

Adventurer
Yair said:
"It is our most holy of relics" the father nods. "Indeed access to it is limited, you would be best to retun when it it displayed to the public."

"We thank you a hundred times for your help." ansswers Chronius. "Let me, in return, make a donation for the prosperity of the church."

The wizard gets some coins from his pouch, and gives them to whoever accepts the money. "Let´s come out, friend Victor. We´d better continue our work outside."

In the way to the church´s doors [if we go] Chronius starts thinking. Stupid fat idiot. Such hate for magic, and can´t tell it from a miracle. I´d laugh, if things were different. He turns to Victor and continues speaking in soft voice: "Definitely, we have to find the dove. And your crow form will be immensely useful."

Maerdwyn

First Post
Yair said:
Doshek blushes. He raises his voice in anger. "You think a mob of jews will prevent me from my holy task? I will not let them scare me away from revealing their wretched devilry!" He looks at you closely, narrowing his eyes. "Come to think of it, what exactly are you doing here, lady Maratkova? Do you often consort with devil worshipping jews?"

Sofia keeps her face set in a helpful and friendly smile that seemingly, isn't troubled at all by the threat.
"You mistake my meaning sir - nothing could prevent you from your task, and I apologize if I implied so. I seek only to point out that no violence need accompany that success, and to point out that I may have some insight as to why this mob thinks this particlar Jew innocent of the charges. This goes to my purpose here, sir. Last evening, my party was on it's way to our lodgings here in the city when two things occurred. First, one of our member was knocked down by two scoundrels as they ran past us. [She gives a short description of them, to the best of her ability.] While checking to see if our companion was injured or robbed, we noticed an orange glow - the roof of this house beginning to burn. Someone, undoubtably the two scoundrels running from the house, had thown something burning onto the thatched roof. Fearing for the safety of anyone within the home, these two men and I entered the building and found Pyotr here, quite unconscious on the floor - a victim of his own studious intoxication, a state which, if he is like others who devoted their lives to the bottle, must have taken hours to achieve. We dragged him from the burning building, and yet with all that, still he could not be roused, and must not have woken until daylight. Having seen this man in that state last night, I imagine the crowd wonders how he was in any condition to plan a murder, or to utter words about any subject at all last night. My purpose today in coming to visit Pyotr was simply to speak with him after his ordeal last night, assuming he was indeed conscious by now, to determine whether his attackers had been known to him, et cetera. Seeing the situation that had developed prior to my arrival today, I sought only to help in any way I could." Sofia allows the guard to believe the help she wished to provide was to him and not Pyotr, but leaves that unsaid.

Last edited:

arscott

First Post
edit: never mind previous stuff. I started typing this before reading Maerdwyn's post. Chen basically continues to wait in the crowd, feeling that the presence of a foreigner won't help Sofia much at this point.

Also:
Yair said:
and also am getting married
Congratulations!

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Yair said:
also am getting married :) :) :)

Hey- MAZEL TOV!!!

Fantastic to hear this :) Let us know closer to the time, I fr one do not expect any posts close to, and just after, the wedding :D (One would expect that you will have better things on your mind during your honeymoon as well.....)

Victor

OOC : BTW i'm getting married too - 12/4/2005

Victor walks with Chronius outside, when they are out of range of the of the church's denizen's ears he tells him what he heard from the father's mind. Scroll up someone

they emerge outside in time to hear Gregory cursing into the air after the bird shitted on him.
What happened ? says Victor to Gregory, after Gregory points up Victor's understands.
Chronius, it's another signal and he smiles I'll try to find the white dove, try to follow the flock by foot if they are fly away, i'm going to that alley so nobody will see me.
victor runs to the alley behind the cathedral, a few moments after a black crow flies to the air , Victor tries to find the white Dove .

Remove ads