• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gormenghast

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Why, I am Sofia Maratkova!" She responds with a noticeable trace of indignation, as if it is absurd that the man would not know her or her importance, and then, without giving him a chance to reflect on that very much, she continues, returning to the more amiable countenance.

"Now, I assure you that I have no one at a disadvantage, good sir, least of all you. I am merely trying to aid you in satisfying the growing crowd outside that members of their community are being treated fairly, and in a good Christian manner. Now we both know they are, but the perceptions of a mob are delicate things, and I would like to ensure that your return to the See is peaceful and untroubled-" She pauses just a couple seconds, letting the shouts from outside hang in the air a moment "-and I am sure the Bishop would prefer it as well. Tell me why these two, in particular, have been accused of last evening's heinous crime, and I shall aid you in ensuring that justice is done, while at the same time pacifying the growing mob." She again lets the man listen to the shouts for a couple seconds, searching his face for some indication of his thoughts.

Victor

Victor thanks the father and go to the praying benches.
Come sit beside me my friend, let's seek some answers from god
he says to Chronius.
when chronius arrives - you just hear the end of a little prayer to Volos, Victor asked for luck from him. what a sin i've made he whispers to you and smile.
I'll use my magic to get some answers from him, I'll disguise the words of arcane with my "Prayer", i need you to take care of them, they must not pay attention to my words. Victor winks to you when the father and guard are not looking.

When Chronius is going to take their attention, victor moves to a far bench and even to lit a candle to earn the father's trust, than he will whisper the spell "Betraying whispers" . and he'll return to the father to ask some questions.

Someone

Adventurer
"Gods, don´t try it. This is an empty church and there´s a lot of echoes" prays Chronius while looking worriedly around. "I don´t know what you´re going to do, but be careful"

Cronius gets up and walks towards Father Diodat. "So, when did you say it was the last time you saw Daniil?"

Ghostknight

First Post
Meanwhile- back at the covenant...

ooc:Uair if you on;t want this here just let me know and I'll delete it.

IC: The day after the group leaves Diamon can once again be found in the library, putting up with the recgnition ceremony and the obtuse uses of ritual the ancient edifice of Gormenghast demands. When finished he steps forward.

"Greetings to you again Chief Librarian. Perhapos you can tell me what books on the subject of perdo magic you have and what books on muto magic are available?"

He leans back, waiting for the Chief Librarian to struggle through his memory...

Yair

Community Supporter
Sofia:

The man looks flustered. "We have witnesses, lady, eh, Maratkova. Good Christian men who saw this, Ytzir" he gestures at the giant man, "dump the men's bodies. And we know Pyotr ordered him to do it."
Pyotr protests, but he pays him no heed. He looks at the crowed with worry in his eyes. "But this is not the time or place, my lady. I'm afraid I really must take these two, immediately, or people will start doubting our authority." Once again he looks at the crowed. "Perhaps you'll be so kind as to have your men help mine? I wasn't expecting such a... commotion..."

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
When Chronius is going to take their attention, victor moves to a far bench and even to lit a candle to earn the father's trust, than he will whisper the spell "Betraying whispers" . and he'll return to the father to ask some questions.

Victor concentrates on the spell, meditating on it for a few seconds. The weight of the Church seems to bear down on him, making this an uneasy task - but he focuses. He soflty mumbles the incantation in mock prayer, and then walks up to the father, keeping his eyes firmly set on the ground. Only when he reaches the father does he raise his gaze to meet his eyes, and lets the magic sweep through him.

OOC: 2 roll+15 casting total+2 concentration-5 aura+1 DM bonus=15, you just barely succeed to cast the spell (10 below the spell level), but lose a fatigue level (you are now a bit mentally tired from the effort). [You cast using a soft voice at no penalty due to your Quiet Magic virtue, which is why no one noticed your strange prayer.]
The spell has a range of Eye (requiring eye contact); I'm letting you "hold the charge" until you make eye contact with the target.
If you want not to cast the spell, as per Chronius' warning, just say you didn't.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
Someone said:
Cronius gets up and walks towards Father Diodat. "So, when did you say it was the last time you saw Daniil?"
Father Deodat, who had just finished talking to a monk, is somewhat suprised at your speedy prayer but doesn't comment on the matter. "About ... almost two years to a day, come to think of it. Tempus fugit. You said he was a lost sheep, but... " he looks you over "surely you are not a priest. Are you a fellow scholar from Gork?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Ghostknight said:
"Greetings to you again Chief Librarian. Perhapos you can tell me what books on the subject of perdo magic you have and what books on muto magic are available?"

He leans back, waiting for the Chief Librarian to struggle through his memory...
It takes time, and patience, but by the end of the day you have managed to find a few books on both subjects, and by the next day or two the picture clears up. Here are your (extensive!) findings.
*The Four Seasons as Reflected in the Mundane and Metaphysical is a curious work by a Bonisagus you have never heard of, and seems to be the most advanced work on Muto in the library. It is essentially a Summa Level 6 Quality 8 on Muto.
*You also located a few other works on Muto. Mastering the New Visage is a tractatus on Disguise of the New Visage, Iron Body is an intiguing study of similarly-named spell that turns a man's body into a living form of iron (unfortunately, it does not include the spell itself), and there is also a tractatus pair on Wizard's Communion (at level 10 quality 2, and at level 30 quality 6). There are also a few Libri on the subject, none of them illuminating.

*Regarding Perdo, a far better work was located, Maledictum by "Htaed scholae Apromor", a level 10 quality 9 summa extoling and explaining in intricate detail the finer points of the Art and its application.
*The same author also penned tractatus on Agony of the Beast, Curse of the Leprous Flesh, the horrd Curse of the Unprotended Plague, and Curse of the Rotted Wood. There is also a tractatus on Winter's Icy Touch.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
I'm very sorry for posting so late. I'm afraid reall life is taking it's toll (I'm busy at work, and also am getting married :) :) :) so that takes up a lot of my time... not that that's an excuse). I will try to post as much as I can, but I'm afraid my posts will probably be at two to a week or so for the next few months :(

Again, I'm sorry.

Victor

Yair said:
Victor concentrates on the spell, meditating on it for a few seconds. The weight of the Church seems to bear down on him, making this an uneasy task - but he focuses. He soflty mumbles the incantation in mock prayer, and then walks up to the father, keeping his eyes firmly set on the ground. Only when he reaches the father does he raise his gaze to meet his eyes, and lets the magic sweep through him.

I will cast the spell, you know what's his affect.

Victor walk to the father focusing his eyes on the ground, he stands near Chronius
raising his eyes to the father and says.
Ï'm sorry my father, I didn't hear your answer to my friend - when was the last time you saw Danill and do you know where he could be right now?
Then Victor focus himself on the 2 answers, the one that coming from the father's mouth and the one that coming from the father's mind.

Last edited:

Remove ads