• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gormenghast

Yair

Community Supporter
Someone said:
Patience, Chronius "Excuse our great need and ignorance. We apologize for the distrbance in your duties." says Chronius from behind the hood. "But you´re the only one that can help us, with very little effort. We´re looking for a man, his name is Daniil of Gork. We´ve been looking for him for a long time, and recently found out that he wanted to pray in this church. Any help would be immensely appreciated"
"Daniil... now that's a name I haven't heard in a while." The father relaxes a bit, but still eyes you and Victor suspiciously. "You say you have been looking for a long time. Why is it so important for you to find him?"

Yair

Community Supporter
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Gregory looks on his companions and takes another swig , than Misha (the smart one that loves to read phylosophy books) gives a nudge to Gregory and says :
Listen fellow, we are on duty right now. maybe in the evening
The man looks disappointed, but cracks a grin. "At the evening then, after your duties. Unless some of you can excuse themselves..." He looks over the grogs, sees none too eager [supposedly?], shrugs, and walks away.

Yair

Community Supporter
Victor nods, his poor experience in dealing with citizens and priests told him to leave the talking to chronius. he eyes the guards and the expression on the face of the Father when chronius mentioned the name of Daniil
The guards don't seem to note it, but the father's expression softens and shows some surprise.

Yair

Community Supporter
Maerdwyn said:
The four people approach the door to Pyotr's home, and move to enter. Sofia almost expects to be stopped by the Bishop's men, but she moves and carries herself calmly and confidently as if she has a perfect right to pass them. As they move past the guards, Sofia asks the man within, "What do you accuse them of, sir? I may be able to help you arrive at the truth of the matter."
The bishop's men seem confused by your behaviour, and let you pass. The man inside is somewhat flustered as well. "What did they do?" He seems to have creatively reinterpreted your question. "They murdered two Christian men, that's what they did! Marking them with the cross, too, in cruel mockery of our Lord and savior!" He looks at Pyotr with contempt, hatred pouring from his eyes. Pyotr does not plead his innocense, instead he kneels and holds the man's arm, like a Christian holding a bishop's hand for a blessing, pleading with him to spare his companion. "He is but a simpleton", he says, "innocent of anything. I will come with you but... let him be."

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
arscott said:
While Sophia speaks to the bishops man, Chen tries to find out what's going on from one of the bystanders. He looks for somebody who would recognize him from last night, and asks him what's happening.
"Chen! Of course I remember! What's happening? Well..." The man looks at you sideways, but apparently decides he can trust you. "There has been a murder. Two men they say, their bodies descrated and thrown outside the Jewish quarter. Christians. Christian blood has been spilt, and so Jewish blood must be spilt in return - it is only the matter of quantity that is being negotiated. His eyes darken, and his voice is low. An amused, bitter smile creeps to his face. "Trying to get Ytzir, now,..."
He would have said more, but an older man from before him turns around and slaps him on his face. He shouts at him in Hebrew, and the others around seem to be on his side on the matter, sending stern rebuking looks at your talkative friend. Your "friend" shouts back, as do some others around, it's some ruckos.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Yair said:
"Daniil... now that's a name I haven't heard in a while." The father relaxes a bit, but still eyes you and Victor suspiciously. "You say you have been looking for a long time. Why is it so important for you to find him?"

Chronius wishes not to be there, or at least to have a better tongue. Or to know some Mentem magic. He makes a pause, looking for the right words in Slavic. "Wouldn´t a shepherd walk the mountains for days looking for a sheep? If we do that for a sheep, what would we do for a human being? And we have news for him from Ambrosius, and also we need his advice."

Victor

Yes, we seek his advice in some private business, we asked around for him and the people told us that we can talk to you, maybe we can see his praying place and even pray a little bit before we continue this conversation ... if you may my father.
Our feet are tiered and wish to rest on the praying benches for a while.

Says Victor with soflty voice.
he turn and eyes Chronius with a "I have an idea" look.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Yair said:
The bishop's men seem confused by your behaviour, and let you pass. The man inside is somewhat flustered as well. "What did they do?" He seems to have creatively reinterpreted your question. "They murdered two Christian men, that's what they did! Marking them with the cross, too, in cruel mockery of our Lord and savior!" He looks at Pyotr with contempt, hatred pouring from his eyes. Pyotr does not plead his innocense, instead he kneels and holds the man's arm, like a Christian holding a bishop's hand for a blessing, pleading with him to spare his companion. "He is but a simpleton", he says, "innocent of anything. I will come with you but... let him be."

ooc: What time did we find Pyotr last evening? Am I right in assuming that while covered in vomit, he was not covered in blood or exhibiting any other signs that he had ritualisticly murdered anyone prior to drinking himself into a stupor that neither a burning home nor being roughly handled by two grogs was enough to rouse him from? If so:

Sofia remains calm, amiable, almost charming, and certainly appearing oblivious to the shourint crowd and the presence of the bishops' men. "Surely, two Christian men were indeed murdered, as you say. But what makes you believe it was these two unfortunates that did the deed. I do not argue against you, of course, I only ask your reasoning. As a neutral voice here in your city, I may be able to explain it to others here in the quarter and in such a way as to reduce the possibility of mob violence. I'm sure the Bishop would not want that sort of headache."

Yair

Community Supporter
Yes, we seek his advice in some private business, we asked around for him and the people told us that we can talk to you, maybe we can see his praying place and even pray a little bit before we continue this conversation ... if you may my father.
Our feet are tiered and wish to rest on the praying benches for a while.

Says Victor with soflty voice.
he turn and eyes Chronius with a "I have an idea" look.
"I am afraid the cathedral cannot afford to opened to the public... although since you are here already I suppose there will be no harm. You can pray at the benches if you want to, but I'm afraid I can't let you into his favorite... ehmm.... place of prayer."

Yair

Community Supporter
OOC: You got to Pyotr very late at the evening, some would say night. And you are certainly right in your assumptions.

The man clearly doesn't know what to do with you. "I am afraid you have me at a disadvantage, my lady. I am Doshek, first lieutenant of the Rostov See Guard. I am afraid I failed to catch your name."
Meantime Pyotr looks at you with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

Remove ads